`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oh the people we encounter on eBay.....

RE: Oh the people we encounter on eBay.....
(03-08-2012, 11:00 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Oh good, here we go again! Someone new to Ebay bid a bunch of times on a single auction. Clearly, that is shilling and no other explanation. We can clearly see that he bid several times and is therefore a shiller, there is no other possible explanation.

Wait, only 14% of his bids were with that seller? Oh, he bid on auctions from 16 other sellers? Ignore that, he bid on one auction several times, a single auction's obscured bidding history is air-tight evidence of shilling, we all know that!
Did you further notice that his last bid was for $29+ which would make him the high bidder, and then he retracted that bid. Why? Because he did not want to win the auction just jack up the price, maybe? Oh wait that is the definiton to shill bidding.
My question is why are you so bent out of shape over this particular auction? Are you the shill bidder?

(03-08-2012, 11:00 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Oh good, here we go again! Someone new to Ebay bid a bunch of times on a single auction. Clearly, that is shilling and no other explanation. We can clearly see that he bid several times and is therefore a shiller, there is no other possible explanation.

Wait, only 14% of his bids were with that seller? Oh, he bid on auctions from 16 other sellers? Ignore that, he bid on one auction several times, a single auction's obscured bidding history is air-tight evidence of shilling, we all know that!
Dude has 0 feedback and 6 bid retractions. If anything this guy is bidding on other items to cover up the fact that he is BS.

Google "WTF Topps Black" and you will get your answer.

There is a deranged individual who does this to all Topps Black. Probably on his 1000 ebay id by now. If you read the posts where he tries to defend his actions, it is a clinical textbook example of a sociopath. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't such an #######.

(03-08-2012, 11:11 AM)dkotart Wrote: Did you further notice that his last bid was for $29+ which would make him the high bidder, and then he retracted that bid. Why? Because he did not want to win the auction just jack up the price, maybe? Oh wait that is the definiton to shill bidding.
My question is why are you so bent out of shape over this particular auction? Are you the shill bidder?
Well lookie there. Looks like he wasn't a shill bidder after all. Just an idiot.

(03-08-2012, 11:41 AM)iujapander Wrote: Google "WTF Topps Black" and you will get your answer.

There is a deranged individual who does this to all Topps Black. Probably on his 1000 ebay id by now. If you read the posts where he tries to defend his actions, it is a clinical textbook example of a sociopath. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't such an #######.

You weren't joking, that dude needs help.

Pretty effed up, guy needs help. that is a TON of time on ebay lol.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Normally id just say it was someone who wanted the card...It is Pujols but this is just way too shady..why bid up only to retract the bid once you were winning...yeah that is not allowed.

So some a-hole sat there and continually upped his bid by one dollar every ten seconds until he was winning then realized he accidentaly bid too much. What a bunch of crap. I hope ebay can help you out on this one. Good luck
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

I got the card yesterday, I never figured it was the seller jacking the price considering the bids and the bid %. I figured it was just some loon playing on ebay and messing with people.
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

I'm all or nothing on Ebay. Can't shill me if I bid with 5 seconds left. only bad thing is I never leave myself enough time to bid again so I win some, I lose some but I live to bid another day. lol
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

What If...

You cancelled your bid and left him with the 11 next highest bids. He would have had quite a time trying to cancel all of those bids and would have ended up buying the card from himself. Then he would have had to realist the card later.

Ray