`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not even close to the pats!

RE: Not even close to the pats!
(03-03-2012, 05:26 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: just curious was it ok for butkus to body slam people to the ground? was it ok for deacon jones to headslap people giving out concussions left and right was it ok for rodney harrison the cheap shot master to do what he did his whole career.... ? bottom line is football has always been go out and hurt someone... now because theres money involved its a bad thing? they get paid to Hit And Hurt someone EVERY PLAY ... if they play cheap and Try to hurt the other team then the other team should step up and slap em down if the refs don't want to do anything about it... and yes its very different than filming ... You can do something about cheap shots on the field ...cant do anything between the lines about filming!
I thank you for bringing up that point. We used to have players that actually played. Injuries were part of the game. You can't tell me that players from years ago didn't try to take a player out.

BTW...memba dis?

(03-03-2012, 06:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: let's ask Kurt warner which one he thinks is worse
Warner called Saints defensive end Bobby McCray's vicious, 2009 postseason hit against him "clean" and said the legal hit put "a nice exclamation point" on his pre-determined decision to retire Jan. 29, 2010. McCray leveled Warner on a post-interception block in a 45-14 Saints 2009 divisional playoff win. Warner retired two weeks later. Warner lay sprawled on the Superdome field for several minutes and after X-rays proved negative, he returned to play in the second half of a blowout already out of hand.

"I'm going to be the first one to say it didn't have any bearing on my retirement decision. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion anyway."

Former Saints safety Darren Sharper told reporters afterward, "I told Bobby that was maybe the game changing play. That was what we wanted to do was get after the quarterback."

Said Warner: "I think you're crazy if you think that there weren't defensive linemen that sat at their locker before the game, saying, 'Hey, I'm buying dinner if we knock somebody out first.' Those kind of things have been around our game for a long time.
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(03-03-2012, 05:52 PM)pgrinpdt Wrote: Spygate was not that bad, lol. They were filming something that everyone in the entire stadium could see. I could bring my camera phone to the game and get the same information the Patriots and almost every other team got from filming the other teams sidelines. Paying players to injure opponents is a much more severe crime and it will be reflected by their punishment.
you completely missed the whole point of spy gate ... they were filming walkthroughs and they were filming D Coordinators and Decoy signal callers and matching up what was being called with what was going on on the field and were able to make adjustments. yes everyone can see it and yes it makes a hugh difference if you film, analyze and execute based on the tapes.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Screw them. That hit on Warner was disgusting Idc what anyone says. A block on the qb down field from the play??? I hope they lose every pick.

(03-03-2012, 06:54 PM)Duchovny2 Wrote: BTW...memba dis?

That is a player protecting his QB. The thing that bothers me even more is the announcers saying it was a bad dissension.

Frankly. If you wanna do that AFTER the player to my QB. You are gonna get the same darn thing.......

No reason at all for what that Jets player did pulling the QB back like that with the face mask. Poor sportsmanship...

(03-03-2012, 08:00 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: That is a player protecting his QB. The thing that bothers me even more is the announcers saying it was a bad dissension.

Frankly. If you wanna do that AFTER the player to my QB. You are gonna get the same darn thing.......

No reason at all for what that Jets player did pulling the QB back like that with the face mask. Poor sportsmanship...
Exactly
(03-03-2012, 07:47 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Screw them. That hit on Warner was disgusting Idc what anyone says. A block on the qb down field from the play??? I hope they lose every pick.
Makes sense, coming from a cardinals fan

(03-03-2012, 08:00 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: That is a player protecting his QB. The thing that bothers me even more is the announcers saying it was a bad dissension.

+1. I played line in high school and I likely would have done the same thing.
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

Well I'm sure saints fans won't be happy when players come for payback this year.

I also think this is worse than what the Pats did. What is even more embarassing for the Saints though is how they had the countries support from Katrina and all the interviews and the super bowl win were about how that saved the city. Now it just seems like a shame how that is overshadowed because they were deliberately going out and hurting people. Its disgusting and classless. All the coaches involved need to be fired.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Gregg Williams needs the ban hammer

(03-03-2012, 09:34 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I also think this is worse than what the Pats did. What is even more embarassing for the Saints though is how they had the countries support from Katrina and all the interviews and the super bowl win were about how that saved the city. Now it just seems like a shame how that is overshadowed because they were deliberately going out and hurting people. Its disgusting and classless. All the coaches involved need to be fired.
I agree. This is all Gregg Williams. He should never have a coaching job again. BTW next time a player gets injured and carted off the field, there should be the same investigation made of that team as well
(03-03-2012, 08:57 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Well I'm sure saints fans won't be happy when players come for payback this year.
Theyre not very happy period LOL. Trust me, no one is defending this down here, and we're just as disgusted