`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Cards With Sticker Autographs

Grading Cards With Sticker Autographs
As you all know many cards now have autographed stickers on them as opposed on the card autographs. I got a card a while ago that is in great condition and I would consider sending it in for grading except for one thing....there is a crease in the sticker.
It looks like when they applied the autographed sticker to the card they were not careful and it has crease in it that I can't smooth out.

Would you assume that if this card would be sent in for grading that it would grade down becuse of this sticker? I guess they could ding the surface subgrade?

Anyone experience this?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

RE: Grading Cards With Sticker Autographs
They wouldnt ding the card just the auto grade.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-27-2012, 02:19 PM)branesergen Wrote: They wouldnt ding the card just the auto grade.
I disagree. If the site were working properly, I would know for sure. But, I seem to remember it saying that in your instance, the surface of the card would take a hit.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-27-2012, 02:19 PM)branesergen Wrote: They wouldnt ding the card just the auto grade.
What if you don't get the auto grade done? I've had that done in the past but seems silly to have someone grade the quality of a signature. Especially since so many cards come with them these days. I have a feeling it would hit the surface subgrade as well which means I probably won't bother getting it graded.
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

(02-27-2012, 04:10 PM)dmasci Wrote: What if you don't get the auto grade done? I've had that done in the past but seems silly to have someone grade the quality of a signature. Especially since so many cards come with them these days. I have a feeling it would hit the surface subgrade as well which means I probably won't bother getting it graded.
It's required that you get the auto graded. You don't have a choice.

(02-27-2012, 05:07 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: It's required that you get the auto graded. You don't have a choice.
this is correct.

also as stated above, the sticker condition affects the surface grade
[Image: Redskins_banner_1.gif]
[Image: Steelers_banner_1.gif]

(02-27-2012, 05:52 PM)alifaxwa2 Wrote: this is correct.

also as stated above, the sticker condition affects the surface grade
This is NOT correct, if you don't pay the additional cost for autographed you will get the card back with just the card graded...I have some I could show you.

(02-28-2012, 01:41 PM)dmasci Wrote: This is NOT correct, if you don't pay the additional cost for autographed you will get the card back with just the card graded...I have some I could show you.
This is correct. Once a pon a time, Beckett didn't grade the autograph. Now they do, so it costs $2 per autographed card.
(02-28-2012, 01:56 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: This is correct. Once a pon a time, Beckett didn't grade the autograph. Now they do, so it costs $2 per autographed card.
Here's the proof:
http://www.beckett.com/images/grading/BGS_subform.pdf

Not sure when this changed then.....the last autographed cards I sent in without paying for the autograph was last year....I sent in two SP Authentic cards and they came back graded without a grade for the autograph. If they have changed since then I stand corrected.

(02-28-2012, 02:53 PM)dmasci Wrote: Not sure when this changed then.....the last autographed cards I sent in without paying for the autograph was last year....I sent in two SP Authentic cards and they came back graded without a grade for the autograph. If they have changed since then I stand corrected.
Ok, I know now. The auto grade is on the back. They've been charging for the auto grade for a lot of years.

When the auto grade first came out, it was listed on the back with the rest of the subgrades. Then, they went to putting the auto grade on the front with its own label (Personally, I like this way the best). Now, they've gone to putting it on the back label. I didn't like it at first, but it's alright.

I hope that this helps.