`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you keep this card?

RE: Would you keep this card?
Maybe it's just me but I don't think the damage is that bad. It looks to be a little bit of whitening in the corner on the back of the card. I could easily see the seller overlooking that when he listed it for sale. However to answer your original question, YES I would keep this card if it was for my personal collection. I would ask for a partial refund and send the seller a picture showing the damage, so that he can be sure to check for that on any other cards he sells.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-22-2012, 12:45 PM)djohn Wrote: Maybe it's just me but I don't think the damage is that bad. It looks to be a little bit of whitening in the corner on the back of the card. I could easily see the seller overlooking that when he listed it for sale. However to answer your original question, YES I would keep this card if it was for my personal collection. I would ask for a partial refund and send the seller a picture showing the damage, so that he can be sure to check for that on any other cards he sells.
I appreciate the input. It really comes down to the collector. I think we all have a different idea of what we will or won't accept. For me, if I am planning on keeping it for a collection, which are the only cards I purchase, I want them to be free of any defects. To me, there is no reason, if the card is stored properly it should be that worn. I don't want to pay above book value for a card that isn't even NRMT.

(02-22-2012, 06:57 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I appreciate the input. It really comes down to the collector. I think we all have a different idea of what we will or won't accept. For me, if I am planning on keeping it for a collection, which are the only cards I purchase, I want them to be free of any defects. To me, there is no reason, if the card is stored properly it should be that worn. I don't want to pay above book value for a card that isn't even NRMT.
I agree every collector is different when it comes to condition standards but that seems like a fairly noticable flaw that the seller should have disclosed. I have also had this happen too often that I am now cautious when condition is not mentioned in an auction and/or no back picture shown. Also, unless it's a graded card I personally try to stay away from sellers that don't offer a return policy because it tells me that customer satisfaction isn't that important to them. I know exactly how you feel though it's frustrating to spend a nice chunk of cash on an item and then to get it and it's not as nice as you expected.