`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW..new traders need to learn how this thing works

RE: WOW..new traders need to learn how this thing works
(02-14-2012, 05:13 PM)myjagr1 Wrote: Realitively new trader here... I was asked to send cards first one time and had no problems with that. If I had several trades under my belt and some one with more trades wants me to send first I would still be ok with it. Now if someone with no trade under their belt askes me to send first I might have a problem. Also a red flag would go up if someone was to have a fit over sending first.
I did a trade with a new person. Said in the messages before the trade was accepted he would have to send first since he has no feedback. He didn't have a problem either.

Surprise surprise, another new trader who has no sense. Am I crying about it, no, just stating the facts. Maybe when you complete your FIRST trade you'll understand, or when you actually have some cards to trade. Notice how everyone is feels pretty much same way. If this happened to someone else, I would love for them to give me the heads up. I even posted how im sure i'll get my cards and the trade part will go well. All new traders like urself should read the posts about how things work around here, go someone else with your nonsense.

(02-14-2012, 05:11 PM)matthew fechter Wrote: Why do some members on here act like children? And no, I'm not talking about the new trader talked about in this post. You said he was a new trader, so apparently he doesn't know how things usually go on this site. So after you get everything straightened out you're going to put him on blast in a thread and offer his name up to other members so that he will have a harder time making trades? Is that seriously how people on here work? You're getting your card first like you wanted, quit crying about it and realize that the trade is working out how you wanted it. It shouldn't matter that there was a little problem deciding who would send first. Grow up man.

Feel the same way man, how does this make sense:

Hey Im new and you been here awhile, but you need to send first and trust that even though i'm new and have so crediabilty that i wont screw you over.

(02-14-2012, 05:11 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I think all not agreeing to send first says is that you have intentions of beating someone...its a red flag IMO. And if your not willing to send first as a brand new member then I wouldnt trade with you. With society today you have to earn your stripes.

(02-14-2012, 05:24 PM)fishtaco02 Wrote: Surprise surprise, another new trader who has no sense. Am I crying about it, no, just stating the facts. Maybe when you complete your FIRST trade you'll understand, or when you actually have some cards to trade. Notice how everyone is feels pretty much same way. If this happened to someone else, I would love for them to give me the heads up. I even posted how im sure i'll get my cards and the trade part will go well. All new traders like urself should read the posts about how things work around here, go someone else with your nonsense.

Feel the same way man, how does this make sense:

Hey Im new and you been here awhile, but you need to send first and trust that even though i'm new and have so crediabilty that i wont screw you over.
BUT....... I am slightly going to have to agree with Matt a LITTLE. Blasting the newbie even though you have NOT mentioned his name. Offering it up to others through PM is a bit much.....

I respect your opinion, but I feel that by not mentioning his name I'm not putting him on blast. And if someone PMs me about it, its bc they want to know who not to deal with but thats their choice as well.

(02-14-2012, 05:29 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: BUT....... I am slightly going to have to agree with Matt a LITTLE. Blasting the newbie even though you have NOT mentioned his name. Offering it up to others through PM is a bit much.....

I do have a trade on here, 2 actually. But they were made when the trade function wasn't working. That's why I don't have any trades showing. I sent first in both of my trades and had no problem with it. I know that's how it works, I've read enough posts to know that. I can even direct you to the members I traded with if you would like so they can tell you the same thing. I had a problem with how you were going about this whole thing. This isn't high school, but a lot of posts I read on this site make me feel like I'm back there. If you would have just made a post titled " Members new to trading need to read this" and then went on to say that most veteran members on here will expect to receive cards first and all the other little rules, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. But you decided that you're going to not only go on a tirade about a new trader, but offer up his name to others. All of this after you decided to follow through on your trade with him. So obviously he wasn't that bad to deal with, otherwise you wouldn't have went through with the trade. So why handicap him in the members he can trade with because you had a small problem with the trade at the begining?

I went thru with the trade cause it was something i wanted and it was something he wanted. He never mentioned anything about wanting to cancell the trade or backing out. And I didn't make a "members new to trading need to read this" bc guess what...there is already a thread like that on the very top of the trade pages, guess you didn't read it either. I'm not handicapping him, just offering up info if anyone was interested, just like when someone on here gets shafted on a trade, or sees a shiller on ebay, they offer up the info. Anyhow, not going to go back and forth with you, congrats on your 2 trades

(02-14-2012, 05:41 PM)matthew fechter Wrote: I do have a trade on here, 2 actually. But they were made when the trade function wasn't working. That's why I don't have any trades showing. I sent first in both of my trades and had no problem with it. I know that's how it works, I've read enough posts to know that. I can even direct you to the members I traded with if you would like so they can tell you the same thing. I had a problem with how you were going about this whole thing. This isn't high school, but a lot of posts I read on this site make me feel like I'm back there. If you would have just made a post titled " Members new to trading need to read this" and then went on to say that most veteran members on here will expect to receive cards first and all the other little rules, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. But you decided that you're going to not only go on a tirade about a new trader, but offer up his name to others. All of this after you decided to follow through on your trade with him. So obviously he wasn't that bad to deal with, otherwise you wouldn't have went through with the trade. So why handicap him in the members he can trade with because you had a small problem with the trade at the begining?

I have only made i think two trades on here so i dont mind sending first, now with that being said, arent there certain "experienced" traders on here who were good at one time, then fell off a cliff and screwed a few members??? I am just saying, just because someone has a lot of trades on here doesnt make them a saint... i think caution is always good no matter who you are dealing with. D/C everytime with people you havent traded with before.
In your situation, I dont think he should have gotten angry about having to send first, but maybe he could have tried a different apporach about letting you know his concerns about sending first. I have been rat holed a few times in my past and i get leery sometimes too sending first. There are always going to be bad apples. It sucks but that is life..

I like turtles.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(02-14-2012, 04:51 PM)fishtaco02 Wrote: 4. As a new trader, don't be offended or surprised if some of the experienced traders ask you to send first. This is how you will build your Beckett feedback 'credentials'
It does say that...but it also says somewhere (don't remember where off the top of my head - maybe the trade/organize tutorial on the Help board?) that unless other arrangements are agreed to, both traders are expected to send at the same time, and as soon as possible.

Not excusing his reaction, but it sounds like you didn't stipulate that as part of the trade negotiations...so he's rightfully upset that you would try to add new terms after the trade had been agreed upon.

If you want that to be part of the terms, it needs to be agreed upon BEFORE the trade is accepted by both parties.

Both of you made some errors in this transaction, and hopefully both of you can take it as a learning experience.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Well I don't feel like going back and forth either, but I just don't understand your logic. Yes I have read the rules for trading thread, but guess what... not everyone does. And guess what, you didn't get shafted and this isn't the bay so he's not shilling anything. So why you're "offering up info" on a trader that you still traded with is beyond me. And how you still can't see my point after my comments baffles me. And I appreciate the congrats on my trades. Sarcasm is so cool, isn't it?