`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to Buy a collection!

RE: Looking to Buy a collection!
Never mind- just joking about getting your professional help for my junky collection. I simply thought you might want some of my BKB for some of your BB, but I guess my junk does not rate for you. No problem and good luck to you.
Mickey
(02-13-2012, 04:44 PM)garnettfan4life Wrote: i like how everyone is wanting to get rid of there junk but i am wanting Nice cards fyi

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder Smile And if you wanted to start, its not a bad idea if you like to build sets.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

i understand i wrote the thread wrong and i was not trying to offend anyone and i apologize if i did but i think we all know that everyone one here has worthless cards that we dont care about i have yet to find one person that actually knows how to communicate and show me the value of there collection so i can pay extra money i dont want to turn right around and sell all these on ebay i dont even mind buying over ebay prices. if the collection interests me enough. i have bought a few singles because that is all people wanted to part with and that is cool but i have also had a lot of people contact me and say they want to sell there collection and then not respond again at all so the communication on this trade site really stinks and if u want to sell, lmk a price or ask me what i will offer and i will work somethin out with u dont message me and then hide in a cave somewhere lol
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]

(02-13-2012, 11:49 PM)garnettfan4life Wrote: i understand i wrote the thread wrong and i was not trying to offend anyone and i apologize if i did but i think we all know that everyone one here has worthless cards that we dont care about i have yet to find one person that actually knows how to communicate and show me the value of there collection so i can pay extra money i dont want to turn right around and sell all these on ebay i dont even mind buying over ebay prices. if the collection interests me enough. i have bought a few singles because that is all people wanted to part with and that is cool but i have also had a lot of people contact me and say they want to sell there collection and then not respond again at all so the communication on this trade site really stinks and if u want to sell, lmk a price or ask me what i will offer and i will work somethin out with u dont message me and then hide in a cave somewhere lol
Its been alot of that here lately

(02-13-2012, 06:43 PM)muz0 Wrote: Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder Smile And if you wanted to start, its not a bad idea if you like to build sets.
i am not just starting and there is no beauty in a 91 skybox pooh richardson
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]

Take a look at my org under collections basketball and jordan ft most everything has a value of $10-$60 make me an offer since you cant really decipher want value goes on each card those collections have a total value of $4700
Looking for 90's Jordans $10-$80 BV

[Image: reedcopy.jpg]

Ill give Garnett first crack Blange, but id be interested if the price is right...also you have all your cards marked as mint 9, which gives them the extra bump and the total is $4400, those two collections are actually worth about $3500...shoot me a price if Garnett passes.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(02-13-2012, 05:09 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: Most large collections do not have very many "nice" or high end cards. The bulk of everyones' collection is made up of the "junk" that you do not want. I would not be surprised if only 10% of everyones' collection contain cards that are worth anything to anyone. Most collectors focus on very specific things. You aren't going to find someone with 1000 of the nicest inserts from the 90s and if you do, you are not going to get much of a deal. Just things to think about, good luck Scott.
I'm not sure how you came up with your percentages, but you are entitled you own opinion. By its very nature, card collecting is a totally subjective hobby. I agree with your statement that most collectors focus on a particular player or particular brand, but that's because there is simply no way they can afford to get everything out there even if they narrow things down to a single player. It's a challenge to build a substantial collection because you have to go through tons of stuff just to find the things you actually want. To imply that the majority of everyone's collections are loaded with garbage no one else would want is ridiculous. I have a Jerry Stackhouse collection with over 400 different cards valued at over $8,000, not including the cards that have print runs too low to be listed. Are there common cards in there ? Absolutely. But when you look at the collection as a whole, the sum is definitely greater than the parts which make it up. While I understand that may not be the case with most collections, until you have put in the time and effort it takes (and maybe you have) to build something like that, you have no idea how difficult it is.

(02-14-2012, 04:19 AM)themoz1 Wrote: I'm not sure how you came up with your percentages, but you are entitled you own opinion. By its very nature, card collecting is a totally subjective hobby. I agree with your statement that most collectors focus on a particular player or particular brand, but that's because there is simply no way they can afford to get everything out there even if they narrow things down to a single player. It's a challenge to build a substantial collection because you have to go through tons of stuff just to find the things you actually want. To imply that the majority of everyone's collections are loaded with garbage no one else would want is ridiculous. I have a Jerry Stackhouse collection with over 400 different cards valued at over $8,000, not including the cards that have print runs too low to be listed. Are there common cards in there ? Absolutely. But when you look at the collection as a whole, the sum is definitely greater than the parts which make it up. While I understand that may not be the case with most collections, until you have put in the time and effort it takes (and maybe you have) to build something like that, you have no idea how difficult it is.
I get what you're saying, but I think what they were trying to say is that what is valuable to one person may not be to the next. For instance, I know yours is a single player (from your description, and I may need some of what you have, lol) but my collection is similar to yours. I have over 3,600 different Pistons cards somewhere in the value of $8,750. There's almost 300 GU and almost 100 AU, about 200 Serial Numbered, about 400 RC, etc. It hasn't been easy to get them all (I was fortunate though to receive about 1,300 of them as a donation) and to me they are priceless, even the ones that are worth $0.05. But as an outsider who's looking to buy someone's collection, they may only see the value in the GU, AU, RC and SN meaning they don't see $8,750 in value, they see $4,000 in value (guessing). My for trade collection, which is what I'd actually sell, only consists of 900 cards with only 5 GU, so that's probably where he got his numbers from. My PC ain't going anywhere. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(02-14-2012, 01:42 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: Ill give Garnett first crack Blange, but id be interested if the price is right...also you have all your cards marked as mint 9, which gives them the extra bump and the total is $4400, those two collections are actually worth about $3500...shoot me a price if Garnett passes.
Let me update all my cards and make sure i have all of them that i say i have....plus there are prolly a lot i dont have listed in my org....As i go though i will try and rate them on the scale..Most of these were pack pulled when i was a kid....and have been in a penny sleeve and top loader most the their life....Give me a day or so and check out my org again....thanks i will be taking offers on the lot so shoot me a pm and offer if interested..I will be fair and i realize I am not going to get 50% .Bv of the whole lot...but there are some really good cards here If we come to an agreement once that is settled I might let you have a chance and a few of my PC cards.....
Looking for 90's Jordans $10-$80 BV

[Image: reedcopy.jpg]