`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cam Newton - are a ton of his 'authentic autos' fake?

RE: Cam Newton - are a ton of his 'authentic autos' fake?
^^^^^Thats just like the one I posted a link too previously. They are from the same set and both look the same. I wouldnt exactly say these ones are fake though. I would lean more towards real as they were an early product. I bet over time, he probably got tired of signing a bunch of dumb stickers. So much for companies saying sticker autos help keep the card in better condition because who cares about that when the auto is fake!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(02-09-2012, 11:13 PM)ugameck Wrote: Really? The press pass autos were packed out before the draft - before he was drafted by the panthers - the sp authentic - just signed on Panthers cards. panini blog just posted picks of their natl treasures line without sigs on them....they will all look like the press pass sigs once he signs them in person.

You a actually make my point in a way. The sigs aren't so spaced apart where his sigs should be almost identical- but they aren't at all. Two different signatures are almost identical to themselves - but not similar to each other.

And these sigs were arguably signed nearly at the same time based on card releases.
My point - on card: he could sign it in 2 years from now in person - it'll look like the press pass from early last year. The stickers are fake. It'll take a rep from a manufacturer to say positively otherwise.

As a lawyer, I am inviting libel. But the defense to libel/slander is....the truth.
I agree 100% with this. Sticker autos are fake... on-card are really his.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Would it make sense to buy a Sticker auto of his and if there is a lawsuit get hooked up!?
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Maybe he is trying to change it up on purpose every now and then.

Can't say for sure unless someone were to ask him.
Top 3 DT want list.
1.2012 Limited Gold Spotlight #145 Derrick Thomas/25
2.2011 Certified Mirror Emerald/5 #302
3.2000 Leaf Certified Heritage Collection Century/21 #DT58H

[Image: Derrick-Thomas-1.gif]

(02-10-2012, 09:03 PM)dtcardcollector Wrote: Maybe he is trying to change it up on purpose every now and then.

Can't say for sure unless someone were to ask him.
So, why don't they? They give him thousands of dollars........

Or maybe, nobody wants to ask- would you rather be blind to the issue since you (companies) already dumped a ton of the suspected fraud cards on the market? Of course - you don't want to kill your own credibility.

Look - card companies read these blogs, trust me on that one - nobody has answered this question either way: "yes they are legit" or "no they aren't".

Why not say they are legit? This thread originated.....oh, in NOVEMBER!

Oh, and not suggesting all stickers are fake - the "c newton" with the c going into the n (as I've suggested actually kinda spells 'cam') looks legit - like the on cards. Just have an issue with that other sig.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Yeah I really dont think the companies would fess up even if Cam said they were fake. They would lose all credibility and take a huge loss and have to deal with massive outrage. If anything, I would think they would just tell Cam to say they are legit and cover it up.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(02-09-2012, 07:40 AM)chads-cards Wrote: I have seen enough newtons now. Weather its the ones I own or others ive seen hes completly full of sheet...this years dez bryant for sure. Im sure he has signed alot of them but there are also thousands im sure that are bum
That's no joke. I was really tweaked that my Initial Steps auto came back with a fake Dez auto...

Cammy has a friend helping out...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Let's be honest. I wrote my Auto 17 times and by the end, there were looking sketchy. He could have been getting tired and decided to shorten it up!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

I'm so happy that this thread has finally come back - maybe the fact that so many more cards have been released with both versions of the so called signatures.

I'm just waiting for a company response - Hackler...I love you, man, and I'm sure you watch the boards (btw - your auto I have is and always be PC)...,but does Panini have a reply? Half stickers one way, half the other - on card looks good.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(02-10-2012, 10:09 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: Let's be honest. I wrote my Auto 17 times and by the end, there were looking sketchy. He could have been getting tired and decided to shorten it up!
Uhhh, but his two autos don't look a thing alike. There's getting tired and then there's having someone else sign for you.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos