Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Registry Update Request #354

Beckett Registry Update Request #354
Dear Beckett site manager,
First of, I have to admit that I prefer BGS grading to PSA for 80's and 90's cards (despite providing 9.5 and 10 preferentially to cards from uncut sheet). Indeed, BGS tends to be more consistent than PSA, particularly when it comes to determine centering and corners. Nonetheless, I find myself wondering why a top grading company that appears to display solid work ethic when it comes to grading, choose to hire members with less rigorous standards to manage their website (especially considering the current job market). Evidently, two of the main attractions for a graded card collector (your client) are updated population reports and graded card registry. The PSA grading company is aware of that and their card registry as well as their population reports are functional and adequate.
Therefore, my simple question is: When will the "new" Beckett card registry be operational (an accurate date would be respectful to your clients)?
Regards,
LRL7

RE: Beckett Registry Update Request #354
(01-26-2012, 02:33 AM)lrl7 Wrote: Dear Beckett site manager,
First of, I have to admit that I prefer BGS grading to PSA for 80's and 90's cards (despite providing 9.5 and 10 preferentially to cards from uncut sheet). Indeed, BGS tends to be more consistent than PSA, particularly when it comes to determine centering and corners. Nonetheless, I find myself wondering why a top grading company that appears to display solid work ethic when it comes to grading, choose to hire members with less rigorous standards to manage their website (especially considering the current job market). Evidently, two of the main attractions for a graded card collector (your client) are updated population reports and graded card registry. The PSA grading company is aware of that and their card registry as well as their population reports are functional and adequate.
Therefore, my simple question is: When will the "new" Beckett card registry be operational (an accurate date would be respectful to your clients)?
Regards,
LRL7
+1

(01-26-2012, 02:33 AM)lrl7 Wrote: Dear Beckett site manager,
Regards,
LRL7
+2

I don't know why but my similar and numerous requests have fallen on completely deaf ears. A target date, that's all I'm asking for.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(01-31-2012, 01:50 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: +2

I don't know why but my similar and numerous requests have fallen on completely deaf ears. A target date, that's all I'm asking for.
The registry may be low on Beckett's priority.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

translation = we(the customer)are low on Beckett's priority list!!!!!!!

+4

We need to know!
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

Oh, ok. I didn't explain myself very well. What I meant by my comment was that there may be issues that we don't see that need to be done that take priority over the registry. There may be issues that need to be taken care of in order for the registry to even function. That's what I meant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding that I've caused.

they can take 5 mins and tell us SOMETHING.

"Hi valued customers, we want to get the registry going but we've got other problems and foresee a summer 2012 timeline for registry"

They could hire ONE geeky database guy and have a BRAND NEW registry launched in a few months and then pay a high school kid $10/hr to key punch the legacy data into the new system and be done faster than this. This is pathetic.

(02-07-2012, 10:56 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Oh, ok. I didn't explain myself very well. What I meant by my comment was that there may be issues that we don't see that need to be done that take priority over the registry. There may be issues that need to be taken care of in order for the registry to even function. That's what I meant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding that I've caused.
You're OK man and as you know my very high level of registry frustration is well documented. You are correct though, IT Guy explained in one of the threads that development of the new registry is the holdup, not really the migration of the database. The old registry is also sitting on their old storage and server platform that apparently has been decommissioned so that's why the old one is gone. Apologies if it sounded like I was hitting you with hard sarcasm.

(02-07-2012, 09:34 PM)tiger8mush2 Wrote: they can take 5 mins and tell us SOMETHING.

"Hi valued customers, we want to get the registry going but we've got other problems and foresee a summer 2012 timeline for registry"

They could hire ONE geeky database guy and have a BRAND NEW registry launched in a few months and then pay a high school kid $10/hr to key punch the legacy data into the new system and be done faster than this. This is pathetic.
That's all we've been asking for . . . one sentence with an update.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(02-07-2012, 10:58 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: You're OK man and as you know my very high level of registry frustration is well documented. You are correct though, IT Guy explained in one of the threads that development of the new registry is the holdup, not really the migration of the database. The old registry is also sitting on their old storage and server platform that apparently has been decommissioned so that's why the old one is gone. Apologies if it sounded like I was hitting you with hard sarcasm.
That's quite alright.