`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OUR NEW SHOP UPDATE! SET BACK :(

OUR NEW SHOP UPDATE! SET BACK :(
okay so as all of you know my family owns a shop. And some of you might know we are going to being opening a new shop...our current one just is not the right place for us. Very choppy layout and NO backroom. So our home has suffered lol. Millions of cards flood our basement and garage. Due to that we have been looking for a new location and finally are just going in on a new building being built (that cant being worded right). Anyway I want us to set it up for Collectors. I Just want opinions from everyone who knows what they want in a card shop down to the last little detail...Dont say alot of wax because thats not an answer haha. Im talking about displays and organization and even down to how stuff is priced. I hope I get some opinions because my mind is going crazy thinking of everything I want but I realistically need a plan! thanks for any useful comments lol

Update will be on last page.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: DIEHARD COLLECTORS OPINIONS WANTED
Cards organized by team. One thing I wish my shop had is a Tv to watch the game on Sundays. I always find myself in a rush to get home to watch the game so I miss alot of stuff. Also a table and chairs for folks to sit down to look through Boxes or open packs. My Dad gets tired while standing looking for emmitts through boxes but instead of being able to sit down and continue searching we need to leave so he can rest. As for Prices I think as long as you are open to offers you would be ok. One of the guys here Never wants to lower prices. Says he's not a flea Market vendor. Which is strange because his shop is at the flea market.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

haha well we have a tv and will have 2 at the new one. I want to put a couch in the back with another tv and a coffee table for people to bust wax...nobody ever busts their boxes at our shop...i never understood why.

I love busting wax at my lcs. I just think it would be cool to have something like a bar counter with stools around to sit and bust wax and BS about sports.

(01-14-2012, 02:21 AM)piyn Wrote: I love busting wax at my lcs. I just think it would be cool to have something like a bar counter with stools around to sit and bust wax and BS about sports.
Yeah thats why i said the couch....Im tryign to think the best way to do it idk

(01-14-2012, 02:16 AM)chads-cards Wrote: haha well we have a tv and will have 2 at the new one. I want to put a couch in the back with another tv and a coffee table for people to bust wax...nobody ever busts their boxes at our shop...i never understood why.
I agree with the TV make sure it is a big SCREEN add a xbox or PS3 with black ops / MW3, dedicate a small section of the store to set up like a coffee shop for the chairs and tables. Need idea's visit your starbucks. Price everything at beckett and have a dollar box. Along with Discount cases 10% / 25% / 50% / 90% off, have an ebay consignment case. And a computer or touch pad so people can look up inventory online. Set up Friday Night Trade Nights with free hot dogs and soda vouchers you give out during the week for people who make $50+ purchases.

Offer free top-loaders and penny sleeves for hits that people bust in the shop.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(01-14-2012, 02:45 AM)warcraftin Wrote: I agree with the TV make sure it is a big SCREEN add a xbox or PS3 with black ops / MW3, dedicate a small section of the store to set up like a coffee shop for the chairs and tables. Need idea's visit your starbucks. Price everything at beckett and have a dollar box. Along with Discount cases 10% / 25% / 50% / 90% off, have an ebay consignment case. And a computer or touch pad so people can look up inventory online. Set up Friday Night Trade Nights with free hot dogs and soda vouchers you give out during the week for people who make $50+ purchases.

Offer free top-loaders and penny sleeves for hits that people bust in the shop.
A+ for effort man! I will see what we can do! I am hoping to get the exact dimensions this month...the building will be finished in I believe the spring. We have to fit all of our displays in there first then work in the extra cool stuff in the dead space. And Once our ebay inventory is higher I was think about having a laptop out for people to look stuff up. first we just want the location then well start bulking up our online inventory...as far as the ipad/xbox this and big screen I dont think we have 2 grand sitting around to do that yet lol

(01-14-2012, 02:16 AM)chads-cards Wrote: haha well we have a tv and will have 2 at the new one. I want to put a couch in the back with another tv and a coffee table for people to bust wax...nobody ever busts their boxes at our shop...i never understood why.
provide a spot to film box breaks...most people who don't break wx in the store bring it home because:
1 - no where comfortable to sit down and break it

2 - no where to film it... Provide a spot where someone can set up a phone or digital camera to record their breaks a lot of people sell their boxes by the team on the bay and break the box on upstream or youtube..... I love breaking wax at the store...lets people see what ya break instead of just telling another story about the fish they caught Smile

3 - just don't have the time.... can't help this one no matter what ya do! except may stay open later... only time I don't beak in stores when I'm on the way home from work and they have to close just as I walk in the door.

AND THE BIGGEST ADVICE! cater to the kids... the future of the hobby! give them free stuff ( raffle tickets for like base sets or overprinted wax promo stuff from companies...etc....)! get them into the hobby more.... maybe have a section with special pricing for kids... kinda like a "KIDS MENU" at a restaurant. Used to work at a shop and used to give breaks to the kids I knew didn't have the cash! ... we would find their favorite players and try to find em and get em to em... we would just over charge the adults to make it up ...lol ( joking)

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

we always give stuff to kids...we have a group of cub scouts coming in next week where my dad is going to teach them the history of the hobby and about collecting...he does this about every other month

(01-14-2012, 03:22 AM)chads-cards Wrote: we always give stuff to kids...we have a group of cub scouts coming in next week where my dad is going to teach them the history of the hobby and about collecting...he does this about every other month
+1000000 Smile that rocks... what city do ya have the shop in?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's