`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Went from 1 to 125 in a matter of minutes T206 Thread

RE: Went from 1 to 125 in a matter of minutes T206 Thread
(12-23-2011, 09:13 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Most of the time, people will just authenticate a vintage card because they know that the card won't grade very high. But they want piece-of-mind that the card is authentic.
Yeah I would agree if the card was real beat up but the card im talking about is very clean
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Very nice. I will get my list together.
Thank you for giving me first shot at them.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(12-23-2011, 09:24 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Very nice. I will get my list together.
Thank you for giving me first shot at them.
Thanks and yeah I have only seen your collection publically so I felt you were the one who should get first shot...wish I could have got you a wagner

Heinie Wagner. Got one.
Honus would be cool but I would have to accidentally stumble on one that the other person doesnt know what it is. Then I would feel like I am robbing him/her. So the only way I can prob. get one is become a millionaire. ( One can dream)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(12-23-2011, 09:35 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Heinie Wagner. Got one.
Honus would be cool but I would have to accidentally stumble on one that the other person doesnt know what it is. Then I would feel like I am robbing him/her. So the only way I can prob. get one is become a millionaire. ( One can dream)
I actually almost found one this week and an antique store. I ask if I could look at it closer because It was in the back of a showcase so I couldt really see and someone had done the norm and glue a well faked (aged) reprint to a common white border...I told the lady she infact had 2 cards there and that it was for sure fake. Still bought some nice vintage equipment but couldnt offer n the piece of crap honus

Those are awesome! Great find indeed! I'd love to get my hands on one just to say I have one, put me in line for one even if it's just a beat-up low-end one (after Wayne gets his pickings of course Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(12-24-2011, 12:08 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: Those are awesome! Great find indeed! I'd love to get my hands on one just to say I have one, put me in line for one even if it's just a beat-up low-end one (after Wayne gets his pickings of course Smile
Yeah I was surprised there are really any mangled one...some surface creases on some but no tears of chunks taken out.

Very cool and impressive buy! Smile
Astro's, Roy Oswalt and Jeff Bagwell Collector

(12-24-2011, 12:08 PM)jayb123x Wrote: Very cool and impressive buy! Smile
Yeah im still in awe I got em haha

(12-23-2011, 09:14 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Yeah I would agree if the card was real beat up but the card im talking about is very clean
I think that in a case like this where the vintage looks really good and is an SGC Authentic, it probably means it was trimmed or altered in some other way. I have a awesome looking T206 Sherry Magee(w/bat) that was graded Auth, and I figure must be trimmed. It fits slightly smaller than the SGC frame. Just something to look for.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)