Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
my PC additions September 2017 Judge, Bellinger, Bryant, Story,

RE: My Baseball PC scan heavy(mixing it up)12-16-11
(12-17-2011, 08:19 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Wayne,

I don't know if you know this or not, but that 1972 Mets team card is the last year that Nolan was on the Mets.
I never even looked. I will have to put that card with my Nolan collection. Thank you for letting mr know.
(12-17-2011, 05:32 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: WOW, just went through this whole thread and what an amazing collection you have. How do you decide what you buy with how much different stuff you have?

Any of the Padres cards for trade or sale? That Gaylord Perry patch is nasty.
i usually buy boxes and trade my dupes. When buying single gu and I look for players i recognize but i dont have. When trading online I cheat. I open up beckett twice and one for trade page and the other in my organize just to make sure I dont double up on something.

I do have some Padres for trade mostly base and inserts.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(12-17-2011, 12:26 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I never even looked. I will have to put that card with my Nolan collection. Thank you for letting me know.
You're welcome Wayne!! Us Nolan Ryan collectors have to look after one another!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

[Image: 411.jpg]
[Image: 412.jpg]
[Image: 413.jpg]
[Image: 414.jpg]
[Image: 415.jpg]
[Image: 416.jpg]
[Image: 417.jpg]
[Image: 418.jpg]
Max Carey auto / Edd Roush auto Dual
Max Carey was born as Maximillian George Carnarius in Terre Haute, Indiana.[1] He first adopted the name Max Carey when he played his first professional baseball game in order to retain his amateur status at Concordia College; the name would stick with him for his entire career.

Carey played for the Pirates from his arrival in the league in 1910 until 1926, winning a World Series championship in 1925. He was known as a skilled fielder and excellent base stealer. He regularly stole 40 or more bases and maintained a favorable steal percentage; in 1922 he stole 51 bases and was caught only twice. He also stole home 33 times in his career, second best only to Ty Cobb's 50 on the all-time list
Carey played his final three and a half years with the Brooklyn Robins, but was aging and no longer the same player. He retired in 1929, but went on to manage the Dodgers from 1932 to 1933, as well as the Milwaukee Chicks and the Fort Wayne Daisies of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.

He died at age 86 in Miami, Florida, and is buried in Woodlawn Park Cemetery and Mausoleum (now Caballero Rivero Woodlawn North Park Cemetery and Mausoleum).
[Image: 419.jpg]
Edd Roush Played in the 1919 WS
Edd J. Roush (May 8, 1893 - March 21, 1988) was a Major League Baseball player who was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962. He played the majority of his career in center field.

Roush made his major league debut on August 20, 1913 for the Chicago White Sox. He switched to the fledgling Federal League in 1914 and spent two seasons with the Indianapolis Hoosiers, who became the Newark Pepper in 1915. In 1916, he split the season between the New York Giants and the Cincinnati Reds.

With the Reds from 1917 to 1926, the left-handed hitting Roush never batted below .321, and was an instrumental part of the team's World Series championship in 1919. He won the National League batting title in 1917 and 1919. His best career year in batting average was 1921, when he batted .352. He also led the leagues in Slugging average (.455) in 1918, in Doubles (41) in 1923, and in Triples (21) in 1924. He was renowned as having the best arm of any outfielder in his era. He held out most of the 1922 season over a salary dispute[1] that continued into spring 1923.[2]

Roush played for the New York Giants again from 1927 until 1929 and rejoined the Cincinnati Reds for a single season in 1931 before retiring. He sat out the 1930 season over a salary dispute.[1]

Roush finished his 18-year career with a .323 lifetime average, 268 stolen bases and 182 triples. He never struck out more than 25 times in a season and had 30 inside-the-park home runs.

Roush, who used a massive 48-ounce Louisville Slugger (the heaviest bat used in baseball), claims that he never broke a bat in his big league career.

In addition to Roush's selection into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962 (chosen with Bill McKechnie), he is also a member of the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame, being inducted in 1960. Considered the greatest player in Reds' history at the time, he was invited to throw out the first ball at the last game at Crosley Field on June 24, 1970. Joe Morgan called Roush "the best of us all".

He died at the age of 94, still insisting that even if the White Sox had played the 1919 World Series on the level, the Reds would have won.

At the time of his death on March 21, 1988 in Bradenton, Florida, Edd Roush was the last surviving Federal League participant.

In 1981, Lawrence Ritter and Donald Honig included him in their book The 100 Greatest Baseball Players of All Time.

[Image: 420.jpg]

RE: My Baseball PC scan heavy(mixing it up) 1-9-12
it took me two beers to finish this from page 1 - 9. amazing collection, i found myself stopping and staring, not due to beer, but the different cards that caught my eye. thanks for sharing! do you have a fav team? or player besides Ryan? where do you store them or are they on display?

(02-05-2012, 09:07 AM)hero29 Wrote: it took me two beers to finish this from page 1 - 9. amazing collection, i found myself stopping and staring, not due to beer, but the different cards that caught my eye. thanks for sharing! do you have a fav team? or player besides Ryan? where do you store them or are they on display?
I think i downed 2 cases of beer scanning all of them.
My favorite team is Tx Rangers
I have another thread with just my Nolan Ryans. In fact I posted more scans on that one yesterday. Its probley on page 2 right now.
I have a large entertainment center and I rotate the cards about every week for a differnt look.
I do keep all my autos in a dark place so the light wont fade the auto. I keep the autos in a wooden box that a bunch of Iron Skillets came in .I keep my vintage in my Moms Hope Chest that was given to me after she passed on to a better place. My uncle made me 2 card boxes out of wood back in 1990 and I still use them today to store my rookies above 3.00 bv and any other card base or insert 10.00 and above. Everything else goes into a 9 pocket sleeve with BV for easy locating.
I also collect players in my sig. Plus Ripken, Jeter, Pujols, Sandberg, Strasburg, J. Hambone, any auto or gameused I dont have

[Image: 421.jpg]
[Image: 422.jpg]
[Image: 423.jpg]
[Image: 424.jpg]
[Image: 425.jpg]
[Image: 426.jpg]
[Image: 427.jpg]
[Image: 428.jpg]
[Image: 429.jpg]
[Image: 430.jpg]

RE: My Baseball PC scan heavy(mixing it up) 2-13-12
Wow is all I can say! Great thread and great cards! I was going to mention some but the list got too long! Keep posting!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

RE: My Baseball PC scan heavy(mixing it up) 2-13-12
(02-15-2012, 04:59 AM)crazy4cardz Wrote: Wow is all I can say! Great thread and great cards! I was going to mention some but the list got too long! Keep posting!
LOL here are my 2012 pickup PC items through trades purchases and box breaks.
[Image: 431.jpg]
[Image: 432.jpg]
[Image: 433.jpg]
[Image: 434.jpg]
[Image: 435.jpg]
[Image: 436.jpg]
[Image: 437.jpg]
[Image: 438.jpg]
[Image: 439.jpg]
[Image: 440.jpg]

RE: My Baseball PC scan heavy (working on box breaks and trades 3-25-12)
a few more PC Items this month
[Image: 441.jpg]
[Image: 442.jpg]
[Image: 443.jpg]
[Image: 444.jpg]
[Image: 445.jpg]
[Image: 446.jpg]
[Image: 447.jpg]
[Image: 448.jpg]
[Image: 449.jpg]
[Image: 450.jpg]

RE: My Baseball PC scan heavy (working on box breaks and trades 3-25-12)
Amazing collection! Great diversity, Very accomplished!