`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 3 Do You Have On Rotation?

What 3 Do You Have On Rotation?
A. What 3 albums are currently on rotation on your iPod and why?

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy: Maybe not a lot of crossover between the NHL and hip-hop but this will be one of the great musical works of our time. West wrote virtually the entire thing himself. I'd urge anyone who's a bit adventurous to listen to this album with an open mind from beginning to end...it's beautiful music.

Jay-Z/Kanye West - Watch the Throne: Ok, I'm a big Kanye West fan and Jay-Z is my favorite modern artist in any genre so it's a perfect storm for me. You're either already in love with this kind of stuff or not...no proselytizing here.

Johann Sebastian Bach - French Suites No.4: I'm being glib, but Bach's probably the father of all music as we know it. I've been trying to play the Allemande (1st movement) on the piano and here's the Prelude (intro) to 1:45 if you're bored. The Allemande ends at 4:20 if you haven't clicked away by then.

B. What 3 cards are you currently looking at most often (not the most expensive, impressive, or prized necessarily) and why?

[Image: OPCQuad.jpg]
09-10 O-Pee-Chee Materials #JCNKS Alexander Edler/Daniel Sedin/Kevin Bieksa/Roberto Luongo
After Spud first drew my attention to the set a year ago, I went out and snapped up the first one I could find and it's still one of the best looking cards I own when placed under direct sunlight. There's a fat seam on the grey Sedin swatch and the 4 jersey piece colors glisten under direct light.

[Image: StLouisAll-WorldAPauto.jpg]
04-05 UD All-World Autographs #80 Martin St. Louis SP
I can't stop staring at this card. This has got to be the most colorful in my collection. I barely look at the St. Louis Shield from the Cup, but I have this sticker auto on my nightstand.

[Image: IginlaFF.jpg]
07-08 SPx #138 Jarome Iginla JSY AU
I'm no fan of sticker autos but for some reason I love this card. I find the orange, yellow, and reds to be irresistible, even hypnotic. Me to cards = deer to headlights I guess. I'll admit though to looking at the scan more often than the actual card since the awesomeness of card design and swatches are magnified...more card for the retinas.

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

RE: What 3 Do You Have On Rotation?
A) don't use an mp3 player Big Grin

B) Mr Hockey [Image: Oct3-2-1.jpg]

Vintage [Image: AUG18_10mailday-hawktrade-1.jpg]

One of my fav Whalers
[Image: wha2-3.jpg]
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Leave it to Alan to keep the fun threads going on Beckett:

On my Microsoft computer, these are my currently running albums (not all at once).

1) Rainbow- Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (1975): Melodic, lyrically thrilling, masterfully guitared, and featuring the amazing vocals of the late Ronnie James Dio, this debut album of the once popular band has several songs whihc I just have to listen to everyday, lest my day be incomplete.

2) Blue Oyster Cult- Imaginos (1988): Like the last item, this is a lyrically masterful, and perfect album by my favorite band of all time. Featuring the amazing guitar stylings of Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser, I cannot get through my day without the songs from this album.

3) Iron Maiden- Powerslave (1984): Nipping at the heals of te ultra-successful "Piece of Mind" album, this Iron Maiden outing is one of my favorites due to the powerful vocals of Bruce Dickinson and the high-energy music exemplified in tunes like "2 Minutes to Midnight" and "Back in the Village". Up the Irons!

3 Cards I look at most often:

1) 1999-00 BAP Millennium Goalie Memorabilia. This card features a piece of Irbe blocker and I just cannot go a day without looking at the card, it is just that nice:

[Image: irbebapmblocker.jpg]

2) 2009-10 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Patches Dual (Yzerman/Lemieux). One of my favorite pulls, this card is up on display in my room and I can never help but look at it when I am going by that general area:

[Image: bdaybb4two.jpg]

3) My first ever GU hit from a pack, I always smile when I look at this patch:

[Image: Vanekoutof10.jpg]

(12-10-2011, 08:43 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: A) don't use an mp3 player
Really? How do you listen to music then if not CDs or mp3 players? Also, I've got your avatar on rotation...it's by far my favorite one on these boards.

Also, ever think of getting that Dineen graded? I'm such a stickler for card condition, I have to imagine that your pore over all 4 corners and edges of one of your favorite RCs.

(12-10-2011, 08:56 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: 2) Blue Oyster Cult- Imaginos (1988): Like the last item, this is a lyrically masterful, and perfect album by my favorite band of all time. Featuring the amazing guitar stylings of Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser, I cannot get through my day without the songs from this album.
I've heard a lot about these guys and I'll have to check it out sooner than later.

It's fascinating to see which patches happen to keep your attention given the arsenal of cards you've got.

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

No iPod here either, don't listen to much music...Stern on Sirius/XM keeps me busy.

Top 3 cards I look at most often:

Not anywhere near the lowest print run card I have but one of the best:
[Image: th_DSCF1453.jpg]

Always thought this was one of the most unique cards I have and always draws my eyes:
[Image: th_July27-Roy2.jpg]

Lastly this is the one I look at the most as it reminds me of the '93 Montreal Cup run and when I was a goalie back in the day:
[Image: th_Apr16-RoyBTP6.jpg]

As seen with my goalie stick:
[Image: th_DSCF1444.jpg]
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I don't list to albums on an I pod but I do on my computer.

For some reason I listen to the Iron Man 2 Sound track (AC / DC), State of Shock and from there I usualy do about 100 random song play lists varying from Hard Rock to Classic Rock.

As for the 3 cards I seem to always look at, these would probably be my choices

[Image: 2011-12ArtifactsHorizontalPatchPatchSpec...chards.jpg]

[Image: 2011-12ArtifactsPatchesTagsBlack100Sakic.jpg]

[Image: 2010-11TheCupHonorableNumbersHNRNRickNash.jpg]

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

Love this thread.
Ok, first: Music:
#1 Modest Mouse: Good News For People Who Love Bad News
[Image: modest-mouse-horn-intro.jpg]
When I first heard this album, I did not like it. It took a solid 6 months of hearing bits and pieces to even get me to listen to the whole thing. When I was faced with a bus ride from Calgary to Kelowna and a friend lent it to me, I figured what the hey. By the time we pulled into Kelowna it was one of my favourites. Has been ever since.

#2 CKY: Infiltrate-Destroy-Rebuild
[Image: 2006742094-200x200-0-0.jpg]
One night I hung out with some people from a fairly new job. It was either a large get-together or a small party. Anyway, we were having some pops and whatnot when the CD changer went to a new disc. The first song started and I was hypnotized. I walked away (quite rudely, to be honest) from the conversation I was having to stand in front of the stereo. It wasn't until about the fourth song in when I had to go to the bathroom that the trance was broken. That first song, though, it punched me in the face. That song was 'Escape From Hellview' and I made sure to buy Infiltrate-Destroy-Rebuild. It's been within arms reach for going on 10 years now.

#3 Buck 65: Talkin' Honkey Blues
[Image: 182506.jpg]
There was a time I thought all hip hop was guns, money and loose women. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of it, but to hear a rap song with some real meaning and musicianship behind it was rare. One day I was watching MuchMusic and they played a brand new video by a guy I had never heard of; Buck 65 doing a song called 'Pants on Fire'.
I don't know if it was the weird, trippy bassline, his unorthodox rhyming style, the fact the lyrical content seemed to have real substance or his impossibly gravelly voice that caught me, but something did. I forgot about it soon afterwards though. Fast Forward a couple years and I see another video by this guy called 'Wicked and Weird'. This one caught me too. Whether it was the ridiculously odd video (complete with a puppet version of the man himself) or the fact that the only thing I could compare it to was, very oddly, Johnny Cash. I bought this album and was given a lesson that yes, a hip hop artist can create a truly good concept album.

Ok, cards:
#1 1991-92 Pro Set #531 Niklas Lidstrom RC
The single first "hit" I ever pulled from a pack. This card has stayed with me since I was about 7, even when I didn't collect for 15+ years, just because it made me so happy to pull a rookie card back then. If I ever have/decide to sell my entire collection, this is the one card that will stay with me. It's not about my collection, it's about my childhood. 1 owner and it always will be.
[Image: DSCN5588.jpg]

#2 2005-06 ITG Heroes and Prospects Emblems Silver #GUE-43 Kristofer Westblom (#/30)
This card represents my first:
Kelowna Rockets mem card (have 3 autos but only this one mem)
Non-all-white patch
It was actually a tough decision whether to include this one or my Barry Brust JSY/AUTO #/10. I made my choice, I stand by it.
[Image: DSCN5587.jpg]

#3 2011 Crown Royale #123 Danny Watkins RC
First day of grade 10 and it's time for acting class. I walk in and immediately notice the giant guy I've seen but never met before. I mean immediately and I mean huge. I'd seen him at the rink (he went to another school the year before) and had actually met his sister once or twice I later found out. He was a really nice guy and we got along right away. For the next few years I would see him at school and the arena all the time. We reffed together a little bit. After we graduated, he was offered a spot on a junior B team but turned it down because they only wanted him as a fighter. He would rather fight fires than hockey players.
He went to college and someone convinced him to try out for the football team. He decided what the heck and made it. At age 22 he played his first game of organized football as an offensive lineman. Fast forward a bit and suddenly I hear he's playing for Baylor. FF a little more and my favourite CFL team drafts him first round, fourth overall and publicly says they know full well he'll never play for them, but on the off chance he might, they wanted his CFL rights.
He didn't. Instead he was drafted first round, twenty-third overall by the Philadelphia Eagles. I haven't spoken to him in years but seeing him in the interviews, he hasn't changed a bit. Still the nice kid I met in grade 10. Still always with a smile and never a complaint. It took me a little longer than I wanted, but I finally got one of his Rookie Cards a couple weeks ago.
[Image: DSCN5589.jpg]
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I listen to the radio and watch live shows on tv/youtube

to be honest no not yet.. i haven't goten any whaler cards graded besides the few I bought from a few folks

thanks for the avatar comment, I got it from Pucky facebook page or was it CT Whale facebook page. one of those two

(12-11-2011, 02:01 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Really? How do you listen to music then if not CDs or mp3 players? Also, I've got your avatar on rotation...it's by far my favorite one on these boards.

Also, ever think of getting that Dineen graded? I'm such a stickler for card condition, I have to imagine that your pore over all 4 corners and edges of one of your favorite RCs.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Music rotation - what ever my 10 year old daughter allows me to listen to in the car (and some XM occassionally)

Card rotation: I always come back to these four (I know you said three, but, I've admired these as a group from day 1):

All from UD Ultimate 2005-2006 patches /35, Sundin x3 and Lindros x1

[Image: SundinJumbopatch2.jpg]

[Image: PANA0888.jpg]

[Image: Collingwood-20110919-00254.jpg]

[Image: lindrospatch.jpg]
[Image: NHL-TorontoMapleLeafsFinal500.jpg]

Collecting vintage Leafs and Orr autos and patches. Also looking for ITG Enshrined and Superlative jumbo emblems too!

These are my 3. About to change this week too.

#1. JERSEY NUMBER 3/5
[Image: pahneuf.jpg]

#2 4/5
[Image: IMG108-1.jpg]

#3 1/1
[Image: IMG_1288.jpg]
Collecting Leafs Game Used, Patches,Autos
[Image: phaneufset-1.jpg]
Photobucket:
http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/nhlderek1/