`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Venting. Am I off base?

RE: Venting. Am I off base?
(12-06-2011, 02:20 PM)rgf17 Wrote: as do i. but not everyone does so that can put me 3 bucks behind from the gate. it's just another quirk you gotta deal with when bidding on auctions
Well if you consider that some people win multiple auctions from a seller that offers combined S&H then you are even further behind by looking at it that way. I find it funny how many people complain about shipping costs that are listed in the auction. It wasn't like you had no idea how much the seller was charging for shipping. That being said I find the following complaints about shipping to be more valid:
1.) When someone extremely overcharges for shipping and then ships in a PWE or doesn't use a top loader or other protection for the card.
2.) When a seller refuses to combine S&H or combines it at an absurdly high rate.

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

i agree with you but when i buy a redemption, sometimes the seller will just scratch it for me and send me the code. obviously if the code wont work for me, i would file a case. but ive never had that problem.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(12-06-2011, 01:33 PM)the great 48 Wrote: $1.75 shipping w/dc & I would never send without dc.
$0.45 for mailer where I live.
So if I want it the $0.80 isnt going to keep me from getting it...
Where do you get mailers that cheap? I go to Target and get them for like $.80 per for a 6 pack.

So I am already up to $2.55, plus the card supplies then, so I think $3 is fair.

Also, to those that say shipping is to cover ebay fees, that is 100% against the rules and if they tell me that is what part of the fee is, I ding them on shipping costs, obviously still positive though if everything else is fine.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

cheap mailers...ill give my guys a plug - zpacking.com

cheap cheap cheap, and very well made. i swear by them

My shipping costs are right at $3. I don't have a scale to weigh for the PayPal shipping. My costs are $1.71 (first-class parcel postage), $.80 (DC#), Bubble Mailer, top loader, and other means of added protection make up the remaining $.50. What ticks me off are the sellers who charge $3.00 and then ship in a PWE. I understand it's a redemption, but depending on who it is of, it could still sell for a high price and I'd have to provide proof of shipment. You technically can't get a DC# on a first-class envelope, so I'd still have to charge the $3.00 to ship as a parcel.

(12-06-2011, 07:53 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Where do you get mailers that cheap? I go to Target and get them for like $.80 per for a 6 pack.

So I am already up to $2.55, plus the card supplies then, so I think $3 is fair.

Also, to those that say shipping is to cover ebay fees, that is 100% against the rules and if they tell me that is what part of the fee is, I ding them on shipping costs, obviously still positive though if everything else is fine.
I live in central OH and get them from Kroger.
(12-06-2011, 08:03 PM)slufan83 Wrote: My shipping costs are right at $3. I don't have a scale to weigh for the PayPal shipping. My costs are $1.71 (first-class parcel postage), $.80 (DC#), Bubble Mailer, top loader, and other means of added protection make up the remaining $.50. What ticks me off are the sellers who charge $3.00 and then ship in a PWE. I understand it's a redemption, but depending on who it is of, it could still sell for a high price and I'd have to provide proof of shipment. You technically can't get a DC# on a first-class envelope, so I'd still have to charge the $3.00 to ship as a parcel.
I dont have a scale either but any single Ive seen will ship at 3oz and be fine.
1, 2, & 3oz all cost 1.75 with a dc#. Only way to go IMO
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

If you trade or sell cards on alot ebay here is what I do for the best shipping deal;

1- Buy the 100 count box of mailers off ebay, they come up in an auction with free shipping sometimes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Kraft-Bubble...519c3422df

2- Use paypal shipping, even if you don't sell on ebay you can still use the "multi-order shipping" under "my account tools" on the right side of the page.

3- Even if you don't have a scale this is fine because 1-3 oz is the same price, just make your package 3 oz. If you are shipping alot of cards obvioulsy you will need a scale. But 1-4 cards or so is fine. It costs $1.75 with DC and you can print the label and put the card in your mailbox. Message the person there dc code and you are done.

I will be happy to walk any of you guys through this process. Just send me a message.

Andy
new site deals with;
TheEvilEmpire, husker101, rcostello3, berman15, twolfcorner2009, the shadow, goonstud, clemsoncowboy, bucsfan7, coachlew10

Bucket Link: http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/boetie84067/

I pay roughly .07 per mailer
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(12-07-2011, 10:05 AM)awagner1 Wrote: If you trade or sell cards on alot ebay here is what I do for the best shipping deal;

1- Buy the 100 count box of mailers off ebay, they come up in an auction with free shipping sometimes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Kraft-Bubble...519c3422df

2- Use paypal shipping, even if you don't sell on ebay you can still use the "multi-order shipping" under "my account tools" on the right side of the page.

3- Even if you don't have a scale this is fine because 1-3 oz is the same price, just make your package 3 oz. If you are shipping alot of cards obvioulsy you will need a scale. But 1-4 cards or so is fine. It costs $1.75 with DC and you can print the label and put the card in your mailbox. Message the person there dc code and you are done.

I will be happy to walk any of you guys through this process. Just send me a message.

Andy
No shipping to Hawaii- Sad Amazing how much D/A charged me for shipping but at least they ship to HI $46 shipping for a box and some supplies
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(12-07-2011, 11:50 AM)floydtown Wrote: No shipping to Hawaii- Sad Amazing how much D/A charged me for shipping but at least they ship to HI $46 shipping for a box and some supplies
that is one down fall of living in hawaii. i feel bad for you. lol!!
new site deals with;
TheEvilEmpire, husker101, rcostello3, berman15, twolfcorner2009, the shadow, goonstud, clemsoncowboy, bucsfan7, coachlew10

Bucket Link: http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/boetie84067/