`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grading Companies

RE: Grading Companies
(11-20-2011, 12:30 PM)Packerfavrefan Wrote: The card I'm thinking on is a Hank Aaron 1954 Topps RC GAI 7.5. It looks really nice and should crossover and still get a good grade. But if it dropped to a PSA 6 I would lose $300+. If it would get a 7 then I'd be ok. It's a risk with an opening bid of $1400. Too much?
Yes, I think that $1400 is too much to risk it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Not sure why my last post was deleted, but I said psa 1, sgc 2, and bgs/bvg/bccg or whatever they call themselves as 3rd
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(11-20-2011, 10:00 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Not sure why my last post was deleted, but I said psa 1, sgc 2, and bgs/bvg/bccg or whatever they call themselves as 3rd
I noticed that too. Pretty weak IMO. Probably because you didn't put BGS at #1. Only thing that COULD have caused it to be erased.

(11-20-2011, 10:00 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Not sure why my last post was deleted, but I said psa 1, sgc 2, and bgs/bvg/bccg or whatever they call themselves as 3rd
No...it was due to the unnecessary editorial comments at the end of your last post.
(11-20-2011, 11:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Only thing that COULD have caused it to be erased.
No...I don't care where Beckett grading ranks personally. However, the comments about the company as a whole were unnecessary and have never been allowed on this board.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I just made a trade (on its way) for a grade 10 Ken Griffey jr Rookie that was graded by a company called 'Mint' (at an agreed discount rate with both of us knowing the card co isnt 1 of the big 3). Seemed every card I saw on feebay from this co was a grade 10.I think Im gonna send it into bgs and have it regraded-1 for curiosity, 2 for credibility..Anyone else have any 'Mint' co graded cards? Website was pretty cheesey..
[Image: olympiastevebannercopy.jpg]
Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Dustin Ackley
My bucket
http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/OlympiaSteve/

(11-21-2011, 10:36 AM)olympiasteve Wrote: I just made a trade (on its way) for a grade 10 Ken Griffey jr Rookie that was graded by a company called 'Mint' (at an agreed discount rate with both of us knowing the card co isnt 1 of the big 3). Seemed every card I saw on feebay from this co was a grade 10.I think Im gonna send it into bgs and have it regraded-1 for curiosity, 2 for credibility..Anyone else have any 'Mint' co graded cards? Website was pretty cheesey..
Mint is a "pay for the grade" company. completely not legit. the cards could be anything from a BGS 6 to a BGS 8 (i mean, maybe a 9, but probably not)

Is there a good way to compare grades? For example, is a PSA 6 is 5.5 in BGS? I thought I saw a chart somewhere once, but I cannot remember where.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-21-2011, 01:08 PM)jonathani Wrote: Is there a good way to compare grades? For example, is a PSA 6 is 5.5 in BGS? I thought I saw a chart somewhere once, but I cannot remember where.

JonathanI
Your example is where it gets fuzzy. For the most part PSA 10 = BGS 9.5. However, as I stated earlier, I have gotten BGS 9's from PSA 10's. I know someone that has subbed PSA 9's and got BGS 8.5's & 8's.

My advice: If you buy on eBay (that's the only way that I can buy), just check the Centering.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

i bought a GEM mint 10 ....1981 Joe Montana Score Rookie Card #216.....
Should i get it crossovered here at Becket or SGC......last i heard PSA required a annual subscription fee..is that correct?)
I have used Beckect a few times and currently have some being processed...Even the JSA autographs are good.

Which company would i have a higher grade at? in hopes of maintaining a 10.
Plus. I have a 1947-66 Exhibits Mickey Mantle card (with blank back and name outlined in white)
Notice its a larger size card..Where would i send it off to?

At last...on vintage cards...that are in very poor shape....How should they be sent? Right now it is in a screw down holder. Being careful..what should i do to send it? It is a 33 Goudey Babe Ruth.

Different subject....Nascar racing programs....with tons (over 50) autographs....Does Beckett even do such a thing? Or just sending it to JSA for a certificate of autograpghs?

PSA only requires an annual subscription if you want to take advantage of their specials and bulk submission deals.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]