The world's most trusted source in collecting
(11-16-2011 12:38 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I feel your Pain. I collect alot of scrubs and When I say hey I have 42 % of say Stefan Lefors People blow it off alot of times. But when its a Lesser Known Player people fail to see that we come up with alot of obstacles.
Here are a few Because they are lower end Players
1. They are worth less and Not worth Other Traders time to even look for them
2. We get bombarded with Crazy sales offers of 5 times bk and 10 time sv for cards we do need.
3. We get offers of Hey I have this $3 insert you need but I need that $20 Gu/Auto you have.
4. If there is another trader that collects him Ebay can become expensive. Last year I finally got the Exquisite card of Lefors and I paid close to $40 for it.
5. Sometimes you are missing the dumbest variation of a card that some guy/gal threw in a box because it was a nobody in their mind. With Rb Chris Henry I am missing close to 400 cards and most are variations of Variatons yet I can't find any of them
So while I can understand some of these. It is not as easy to collect a scrub instead of a well know player.
(11-16-2011 01:30 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I hear ya man! But 50% is nothin to be ashamed of (not saying you are). I also know whats its like to collect a "lesser" known player ( I REFUSE to call him a scrub, lol) in Ron Dayne. I only have @ 35% of his cards, and thats including print plates, but I REFUSE to collect those though. I dont have a problem with anyone else collecting those, but I personally think they are UHG! LEE!!
My Dayne collection consists of everything from the common base cards to inserts, rc's, parallels, gameused & auto's. I have a good mix of everything from the common stuff to the rare stuff. Most of the time I can purchase his stuff for good prices, but there are those occassional feebay bidding wars & that stupid trader who KNOWS he has a card you WANT & NEED and jus holds it ransom! I HATE THAT!!!