`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC Live on Fox - Flop

RE: UFC Live on Fox - Flop
To a UFC fan, yes you might think it was just fine. I'm talking about viewers who have never bothered getting a UFC PPV or who have maybe never given UFC a shot. To those kinda people, it was a pretty big disappointment. I'm not an avid UFC fan, but I like watching. I can't afford all the PPV events, and even I was disappointed to only see one fight and have it last only 1 min.

Huh? You couldnt watch on Facebook all the fights? Or plug your laptop into your tv and its the same thing! FREE. I dont get the complaints. Its not that hard guys!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

I for one don't have a laptop....but if you're going to use a one hour time-slot to woo people, I would have put more than one fight on tv. If I'm going to watch a sporting event, I'd rather watch it on the tv in comfort, not at my computer desk. In addition, Dana White is a fool for the comments he made afterwards...I lost a lotta respect for him.

Sorry most people do. I think the key is it was free! It could have been PPV and would have sucked as PPV for 1 min event. It would have been worse with more complaints because the undercard was not great! Only the guida fight was. And come on Dana is a nut always!!

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

showing the Henderson fight would have turned a lot of casual observers into fans ... even going into it I thought Fox should have had two fights on the card just in case something like that happened, you know Bendo and Guida weren't going to feel each other out for 15 minutes.

I assume for a casual person who wanted to see what the big deal was, that it may have been a disappointment, but for the hardcore guys ... well let's just say JDS vs Overeem in the spring should be a better fight than this one ended up being.
take a look at my organize, I have something you like...

[Image: imag0256s.jpg]

I kinda have to agree with Dana White, I mean hardcore MMA fans can overreact to just about everything. If they would have showed more fights I am sure there would be some complaining because there were to many guys to try and remember or whatever. This was just the tip of the iceberg for whats to come for the UFC. I believe I read that the Prelims were gonna stop being on Facebook and start being shown on Fuel TV. Which you should find if you dont know which channel it is because I believe 25% of their programming will be UFC related. And there is no control of what happens once a fight starts, thats one of the things that make it so great!
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

(11-13-2011, 06:32 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Sorry most people do. I think the key is it was free! It could have been PPV and would have sucked as PPV for 1 min event. It would have been worse with more complaints because the undercard was not great! Only the guida fight was. And come on Dana is a nut always!!
I think the point that the guys are trying to make is that it was not effective at bringing new fans to the product. Personally I was in awe and loved Cain/JDS (now if I had paid I would've been ticked lol). However, I was trying to get my gf into UFC...and that didn't help me one bit Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

you think overeem is that good? i dont know i think he is hyped and has only fought inferior competition. drug testing is tougher in ufc and i think he may have trouble there. also brock is supposedly healthy finally and will beat him.
(11-13-2011, 10:44 PM)dwegner1 Wrote: I kinda have to agree with Dana White, I mean hardcore MMA fans can overreact to just about everything. If they would have showed more fights I am sure there would be some complaining because there were to many guys to try and remember or whatever. This was just the tip of the iceberg for whats to come for the UFC. I believe I read that the Prelims were gonna stop being on Facebook and start being shown on Fuel TV. Which you should find if you dont know which channel it is because I believe 25% of their programming will be UFC related. And there is no control of what happens once a fight starts, thats one of the things that make it so great!
Dan exactly!

part of what you guys are not mentioning which i did not even know to after the fight is fox is not offically under contract with ufc yet hence why this was not a ppv type show fox contract starts in 2012 this was just something they came to the ufc and asked about to see if they could do like a kick off thing
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo