`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Kimball 1/1 Die-cut

2011 Topps Kimball 1/1 Die-cut
LOL Look at this Kimball insert I received from a pack of 2011 Topps. Another card that has fell victim to the pack sealer machine. Awesome die-cut, too bad the other half of the card wasn't in the pack! My girlfriend opened the pack and said there was some sort of ticket stub in the middle haha.

[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]
KrissyNBrandon

RE: 2011 Topps Kimball 1/1 Die-cut
sell it on ebay as a 1/1 and retire!

Ok its live. We'll see if I can quit my job! Smile
KrissyNBrandon

What exactly are die cuts?

Are pack sealer victims like the one above actually worth more than their normally pristine manufactured counterparts?

(10-16-2011, 04:02 PM)Merovius Wrote: What exactly are die cuts?

Are pack sealer victims like the one above actually worth more than their normally pristine manufactured counterparts?
Die-cuts are cards that were intentionally cut by the manufacturer i.e. the new Topps Finest Mosaic Refractors. I was using that term as a joke to explain the card being cut. The card is actually considered damaged (value = 0), I guess. Sometimes things like this sell for premiums because they are appealing and do not usually happen.
KrissyNBrandon

haha thats awesome. Watch people will bid ridiciously high on this too.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I should take those funny design scissors and cut my base cards up and sell 'em as 1/1s
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(10-16-2011, 09:10 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I should take those funny design scissors and cut my base cards up and sell 'em as 1/1s
Yes great idea!! Cut them up and bedazzle them and sell them as diamond anniversary extended die-cuts!

Im just glad it wasn't a superfractor or something more valuable.
KrissyNBrandon

get it graded.... love to see what the graders would say or do....it's a 1/1 from the manufacturer.. so they would have to grade it gem 10... no other to compare it to...
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...