`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes

Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes
The guy told his manager if he gets a hit in his first at bat to take him out so he has a better chance of winning the batting title. Forget the fact that I collect Braun , cuz im a HUGE mets fan and they've never had a batting champ so i woulda been happy either way. The guy has no heart. How could you wanna win it like that ? Go out there and go 4 for 4 and win it like a man.

Im tired of him always getting hurt, and going 4 for 5 with 3 triples when the mets win 14-2 but never getting big hits in september. I also hate when they are losing 10-3 and hes laughing at shortstop with one of the marlins on 2nd who just hit a bases clearing triple

I hope the mets let him walk. I dnt want them investing so much money into a speedy player who will be in his early to mid 30s in a few years that is injured all the time. Take some of that money and go get some pitching. Then trade mike pelfrey to a girls softball team cuz he sucks. Another useless season down the drain ! Lets go mets !

RE: Thats exactly why i dnt want the mets to resign reyes
Well said

That is crap. If he does that he shouldn't get the dang title. Plus team before self in baseball. Play the game.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

This guy is a loser, who wants to win a batting title by not playing. Go out there and play like everyone else and if you win it, you win it. If you lose it, you loses it. But at end the of day you can say you played out the season and earned it.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

(09-28-2011, 03:03 PM)ca4n6chuck Wrote: This guy is a loser, who wants to win a batting title by not playing. Go out there and play like everyone else and if you win it, you win it. If you lose it, you loses it. But at end the of day you can say you played out the season and earned it.
exactly...its embarrassing to win it like that...If Braun goes 3 for 4 tonight he wins...im hoping for a nice 5 for 5 night....What a crappy way to win a batting title, hes gonna be the laughing stock of baseball. And i dnt even think he sees anything wrong with it , which is exactly why i dnt want him on my team....let the nationals pay him more than jason werth and still suck next year. Id give him 50 mil for 4 yrs, and thats it.

(09-28-2011, 03:10 PM)john1580 Wrote: exactly...its embarrassing to win it like that...If Braun goes 3 for 4 tonight he wins...im hoping for a nice 5 for 5 night....What a crappy way to win a batting title, hes gonna be the laughing stock of baseball. And i dnt even think he sees anything wrong with it , which is exactly why i dnt want him on my team....let the nationals pay him more than jason werth and still suck next year. Id give him 50 mil for 4 yrs, and thats it.
he doesn't deserve that much, he isn't a team player. has he ever played a full season? I wouldn't want him on my team either, I would be pissed if the DODGERS wasted money and time on this guy.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

I hope Braun goes 5 for 5 tonight
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

Stuff like this is why I jokingly asked you to throw your empties at Reyes awhile back. The guy is a BUM. A talented bum when he wants to be, but a bum nonetheless. I feel sorry for the team that gives him big $$$

espn said braun needs to go 3 for 5 to win it... def do-able
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

He should have taken a page from Ted Williams. From the espn page.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The decision to pull Reyes comes on the 70th anniversary of Ted Williams deciding to play in a doubleheader on the final day of the regular season in 1941 even though his .39955 average would have been rounded up to .400.

"If I'm going to be a .400 hitter, I'm going to be a .400 hitter all the way," Williams was quoted as saying at the time.

Williams went 6-for-8 in the twin bill to up his average to .406.