Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 Upper Deck Michael Jordan Game Dated

1997-98 Upper Deck Michael Jordan Game Dated
Hello,

Hoping for some help on this card please. Seems there are two versions of this card. The regular game dated #18 card and the Memorable Moments #18 game dated card. However, I am having a hard time distinguishing the difference between these two. I have not been able to see any differences in the two cards based on all the pics of the front and back that I have seen on the web. Can someone please give me some info to be able to tell which of these I have in my collection. Thanks in advance for the help.

RE: 1997-98 Upper Deck Michael Jordan Game Dated
The game dated version has a foil like finish on the entire front of the card.

[Image: GameDatedJordan.jpg]

^^^ Not mine btw lol ^^^

as krayzie said, and it will be extremely easy to distinguish the 2 in person.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

i remember that card used too be a $1000 bucks back in 98

(09-21-2011, 05:54 AM)jay187 Wrote: i remember that card used too be a $1000 bucks back in 98
Yeah me too! That was insane!

(09-21-2011, 05:54 AM)jay187 Wrote: i remember that card used too be a $1000 bucks back in 98
I busted many cases of that product back during that time and the odds were 1:1500 packs for the special foil finished "game dated moment. "

Upperdeck Diamond Club member
Member of Beckett's board since 2003
[Image: 8cfcaeb5.jpg]

that's a cool card..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(09-20-2011, 10:24 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: as krayzie said, and it will be extremely easy to distinguish the 2 in person.
I am willing to trade. Unfortunately I dont have any high end Jordan Bryant or James cards but I do have some. I am looking for Spurs cards. Mostly last 2 years and Robinson. Give me a list of what you need, I might be able to get it.
V/R
William C. Burke

(02-10-2012, 08:25 AM)slickwillie Wrote: I am willing to trade. Unfortunately I dont have any high end Jordan Bryant or James cards but I do have some. I am looking for Spurs cards. Mostly last 2 years and Robinson. Give me a list of what you need, I might be able to get it.
V/R
William C. Burke
Welcome to the Basketball Forum/Beckett! Enjoy your stay! Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

It is easy to distinguish the cards side by side or in person, however there has always been a lot of confusion about those "Game Dated" cards. The confusion stems from the name, as all of the cards have the Game Dated foil on them. I cannot count the number of people that list these cards as the foil version on eBay even when they aren't. They do this simply because they don't know the difference, but they do know that the foil version sells for more and that their card has foil on it. As stated by krayzie, the way to tell the difference is the rarer one has a foil background behind the picture of the player on the card, where as the regular card has just a standard photo background without the foil overlay.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/