`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1:24 cars and the like

1:24 cars and the like
It would appear this forum is for racing cards only. Maybe I'm missing the scaled cars talk... sorry if I am. Anyway, assuming this is for cards only, is there a forum on Beckett.com to talk cars? Again, I looked, but could not find a forum... I'd be sorry again if I missed that, too. Does Beckett still do price guides for the cards? I'm pretty sure they used to.

I've got a decent collection of Earnhardt cars from RCCA, Action, Revell from back in the late 90s, and just wanted to see if there is any talk or buzz around those cars.

RE: 1:24 cars and the like
(09-14-2011, 02:19 PM)cdillon17 Wrote: It would appear this forum is for racing cards only. Maybe I'm missing the scaled cars talk... sorry if I am. Anyway, assuming this is for cards only, is there a forum on Beckett.com to talk cars? Again, I looked, but could not find a forum... I'd be sorry again if I missed that, too. Does Beckett still do price guides for the cards? I'm pretty sure they used to.

I've got a decent collection of Earnhardt cards from RCCA, Action, Revell from back in the late 90s, and just wanted to see if there is any talk or buzz around those cars.
Yeah, they still do price guides on diecast cars!!

This is NOT for cards only! The NASCAR fan list here is pretty small. I am glad they didn't separate the cards and diecast into separate sections. Car talk is as welcome here as card talk is. I wish they'd also remove the 'Sports Talk' section for racing and just let us post everything about racing in this one forum. Every time someone tries to post something about a race here, it gets moved to the 'Sports Talk' section. That's why the board isn't as busy as it should be. There isn't enough action here for the racing posts to be posted in diff. sections.

Anyway, feel free to say what you want about your die-cast collection. I would personally like to see some pics/scans. Anything Earnhardt is ALWAYS talked about and there is always buzz about Sr. & Jr.

LET US SEE WHAT YOU HAVE!

(09-14-2011, 11:20 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: This is NOT for cards only! The NASCAR fan list here is pretty small. I am glad they didn't separate the cards and diecast into separate sections. Car talk is as welcome here as card talk is. I wish they'd also remove the 'Sports Talk' section for racing and just let us post everything about racing in this one forum. Every time someone tries to post something about a race here, it gets moved to the 'Sports Talk' section. That's why the board isn't as busy as it should be. There isn't enough action here for the racing posts to be posted in diff. sections.

Anyway, feel free to say what you want about your die-cast collection. I would personally like to see some pics/scans. Anything Earnhardt is ALWAYS talked about and there is always buzz about Sr. & Jr.

LET US SEE WHAT YOU HAVE!
Cool... thanks for the info. I will definitely try to get some shots of my cars, or at least a listing of what I have, and post it all here. I think I ended up with ~40 1:24 cars from the '97-00 years. Maybe 1 or 2 1:18 scale cars, too. Pretty much everything was Earnhardt or Earnhardt Jr. I've got some Earnhardt Jr. Busch cars, when he was actually winning championships. I got most everything from RCCA which put out limited numbers of each car, or at least some of them. Does RCCA even still exist? I remember it being such a big deal the nights they'd post the new cars online for sale... there were 'ways' of getting in to buy the cars early, servers were crashing, good times. I think I had one that was listed in Beckett for like $300 or so back in the day. No clue which one that was or what it lists for today.

I was a huge Earnhardt fan, never missed a lap of a race. That all changed when he died. I watched a lot of the rest of that season, but have watched very, very little since then. This year I have probably seen 20 laps total. Jr. has been really bad, even with great teams, and I really don't find him as exciting to watch as Sr. I hope he does well with the Chase coming up.

At this point, I've gotten back into baseball cards and am considering selling my diecast cars to fund some baseball card purchases. There doesn't appear to be a lot of what I have on eBay... not sure if that would be good for me selling or not. We'll see, I guess.

If you want to sell, start with the Dale Sr. cars. Very few listings of what you have is really good. You might be surprised how high they can sell in auction-style listings. Start with one or two on eBay and do a 7 day listing with a minimum sell amount. See what you fetch. That will help give you a basis for what else to sell and for how much. Then you can try some 'Buy it nows OR best offer' type sells. You might want to wait to sell the Jr's. His values have dropped a lot b/c of his performance w/ Hendrick. But he is in the Chase and the values could go way up if he makes a slight charge at the title.

Found a list I had done a while back (12+ years ago) of my cars. The $ value, I think, is what Beckett listed them for back in the day. One of the ones below booked for $500 or so back in the day, I had forgotten about that one. Will try to get some pics later.

1996, #3, GM Goodwrench, Dale Earnhardt, Revell, 1:24, Car
1996, #3, AC-Delco, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Car
1997, #3, Olympic, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Bank
1997, #3, GM Goodwrench - Wheaties, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Car
1997, #3, AC-Delco, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Bank
1998, #1, Pennzoil, Steve Park, Action, 1:24, Car
1998, #1, Pennzoil, Darrell Waltrip, Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #1, Coke, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #3, AC-Delco, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Revell Club, 1:18, Car
1998, #3, GM Goodwrench Plus, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Car
1998, #3, GM Goodwrench Plus - Bass Pro Shops, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Car
1998, #3, GM Goodwrench Plus, Dale Earnhardt, Winner's Circle, 1:24, Car
1998, #3, AC-Delco, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action, 1:24, Car
1998, #3, AC-Delco, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #3, AC-Delco, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Elite
1998, #3, Coke, Dale Earnhardt, Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #3, GM Goodwrench - Silver, Dale Earnhardt, Action/RCCA, 1:24, Elite
1998, #8, RPM '78, Dale Earnhardt, Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #31, Blue Sikkens, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #31, Gargoyles, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1998, #31, Wrangler, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Revell, 1:43, Car
1998, #K2, Dayvault's, Dale Earnhardt, Action, 1:24, Car
1999, #3, GM Goodwrench - sign on hood, Dale Earnhardt, Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1999, #3, AC Delco - Superman, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1999, #8, Budweiser, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1999, #31, White Sikkens, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank
1999, #40, Channellock, Kerry Earnhardt, Action/RCCA, 1:24, Bank

Looks like a great collection! I can't wait to see some pics.
You should remove the BV's from the list though. Even if they aren't current, it is against the TOS (terms of service) to post book values. IF a MOD were to see this, they will remove them anyway and give you a warning. They COULD ban you if they wanted to. MODs don't show up here on the Racing boards often but I wanted to let you know, just in case!

(09-16-2011, 10:09 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Looks like a great collection! I can't wait to see some pics.
You should remove the BV's from the list though. Even if they aren't current, it is against the TOS (terms of service) to post book values. IF a MOD were to see this, they will remove them anyway and give you a warning. They COULD ban you if they wanted to. MODs don't show up here on the Racing boards often but I wanted to let you know, just in case!
Thanks, I'm fairly new and didn't have a clue.

I figured as much. You should take the time to go read the TOS, just so you don't accidently get in trouble. It's unlikely in the Racing forum, but if you went to another forum (esp. NFL/MLB/NBA) without knowing the rules, you could quickly and easily get into trouble. I think you can find it listed in the Help forum or maybe the Beckett Updates forum.

Wasn't this the high BV one?
Is it #'d to 1500 or 100? There is a LARGE difference in the value of the two! Just curious.

(09-16-2011, 10:40 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I figured as much. You should take the time to go read the TOS, just so you don't accidently get in trouble. It's unlikely in the Racing forum, but if you went to another forum (esp. NFL/MLB/NBA) without knowing the rules, you could quickly and easily get into trouble. I think you can find it listed in the Help forum or maybe the Beckett Updates forum.

Wasn't this the high BV one?
Is it #'d to 1500 or 100? There is a LARGE difference in the value of the two! Just curious.
Yep... just went to check and it didn't have a little sticker on the box saying, but I looked under the car and it is serial numbered #987 so it must be one of the 1500 variety. That's the bad news. The good news is I realized I have maybe 10 or so more cars than what I had listed here. Here's a pic of the car in question: