`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Maybe its just me.

RE: Maybe its just me.
If you have Robbie Cano that I need... nothing is safe in my collection..... Everything can be replaced... well almost everything....

One thing on the trade board I would like changed....

I got a trade offered for a SP Jeter Rookie... 150 $1.00 cards... It could be some kid that is trading his whole life's collection for it... but without sending a personal note and cancel the trade I feel like a grumpy tool....

The Options to decline a trade are silly.... "Rather Not Say" come on... we are all in this hobby together.. "Cannot locate the item" so give the guy an option to add something else.... "Not trading at this time".. well if you are in the hospital or at war..I understand... if you are not trading at this time..why do you have things marked for trade? Card no longer need... ok i can understand this one.. to some degree... but geez...

How about terms we all have used on everyone of these boards....

Sorry, could not find anything of equal value I need.
Sorry, this card is involved in another trade.
Sorry, this card was mistakenly marked for trade and I no longer have it
Sorry, the card is damaged and I did not realize.
Sorry, this card was mistakenly marked for trade and it is PC.

thoughts?

Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

(08-01-2011, 03:26 PM)mjanooz Wrote: If you have Robbie Cano that I need... nothing is safe in my collection..... Everything can be replaced... well almost everything....

One thing on the trade board I would like changed....

I got a trade offered for a SP Jeter Rookie... 150 $1.00 cards... It could be some kid that is trading his whole life's collection for it... but without sending a personal note and cancel the trade I feel like a grumpy tool....

The Options to decline a trade are silly.... "Rather Not Say" come on... we are all in this hobby together.. "Cannot locate the item" so give the guy an option to add something else.... "Not trading at this time".. well if you are in the hospital or at war..I understand... if you are not trading at this time..why do you have things marked for trade? Card no longer need... ok i can understand this one.. to some degree... but geez...

How about terms we all have used on everyone of these boards....

Sorry, could not find anything of equal value I need.
Sorry, this card is involved in another trade.
Sorry, this card was mistakenly marked for trade and I no longer have it
Sorry, the card is damaged and I did not realize.
Sorry, this card was mistakenly marked for trade and it is PC.

thoughts?
Another one.

"Sorry, you posted in my thread that you wanted the cards but now you won't answer PM's and in the only response you gave, you got defensive when I asked for scans of vintage cards that you had marked as mint which makes me weary of trading with you now."

*No, this is not towards the mjanooz, but rather a sarcastic addition to his list that I wish was available recently.

I like my low end autos and want more. People collect players or teams and sets but i just like nice looking cards. Its hard for me to get low end autos im in alabama and there are 3 stores within 100 miles that sell baseball cards and 2 of them only sell packs. I have alot of sp and refractor stuff and find it hard to trade them for low end autos. I feel like im wasting peoples time. Also its hard to sift through several thousand cards in someones profile and choose when you have no idea what the cards look like. I feel with the autos its more of an investment thing rather that just a piece of cardboard. BTW I HATE MINI"S i have a bunch and several nicer ones i will add to my org someone please trade me.

(08-01-2011, 03:37 PM)bjnchristian Wrote: BTW I HATE MINI"S i have a bunch and several nicer ones i will add to my org someone please trade me.
Get with petsahutt (I think that's how you spell it). He's the mini-card guru on here.

check me out and I will try to send some low end autos your way, I am sure I can find something I like from you

and the ideas about better responses are right on, I never know what to mark
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I think one problem, new or old, is people understanding the market place in today's card world. I think its great if you collect a particular player, but I (& I would bet most people) dont collect any particular player, so if you send me a trade offer I'm not going to bother checking out 7 pages or 1989 Score in your org looking for Mark McGwire cards...people want/like GU and autos. I rarely, if even ever, have gotten a trade offer from someone wanting all the base Nomar's I have...hell, right now I'm trying to ditch as many Jeter base/insert/parallel/ser# as I can at rates of 1.5-2 BV and its tough to even do that...And one final note to collectors...understand that not all HOFers are equal...Robin Yount and Eddie Murray are great players but not Aaron, Mays, Mantle in the collecting world...so their $8 gu jersey card isnt more special than other $8-10 GU jersey cards.

(08-01-2011, 04:48 PM)jmc316 Wrote: I think one problem, new or old, is people understanding the market place in today's card world. I think its great if you collect a particular player, but I (& I would bet most people) dont collect any particular player, so if you send me a trade offer I'm not going to bother checking out 7 pages or 1989 Score in your org looking for Mark McGwire cards...people want/like GU and autos. I rarely, if even ever, have gotten a trade offer from someone wanting all the base Nomar's I have...hell, right now I'm trying to ditch as many Jeter base/insert/parallel/ser# as I can at rates of 1.5-2 BV and its tough to even do that...And one final note to collectors...understand that not all HOFers are equal...Robin Yount and Eddie Murray are great players but not Aaron, Mays, Mantle in the collecting world...so their $8 gu jersey card isnt more special than other $8-10 GU jersey cards.
There are a ton of Jeter guys looking for base all the time. Maybe it is not the cards your unloading but what you are asking for.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Man, I love minis.
Is this thing on?

Almost everyone on here is a player collector...if you read the posts.
Not everyone wants that great $300 card that will just sit there. I pulled
A $500 auto and my wife said it's only worth that much if you sell it.
[Image: dontpray11.png]

(08-01-2011, 05:22 PM)dontpray Wrote: Almost everyone on here is a player collector...if you read the posts.
Not everyone wants that great $300 card that will just sit there. I pulled
A $500 auto and my wife said it's only worth that much if you sell it.
My wife is the type who can rain on your parade real quick. She doesn't understand that this is a hobby. Its something i do. When i bust packs i'm not too worried about the dollar value. Sure its cool but i'm not hoping for a 100.- plus. I'm thrilled pulling that cool insert or gu/au. First thing my wife will say is how much is it and sell it. lol. She doesn't get it when I say I wanna trade it for someone I collect. Or she doesn't get why I need more than one of the same person. I go to work,take care of my family,and I collect sports mem.
I don't go out and do the bar scene or anything like that anymore. I don't play video games.Everyone needs something to do. I used to hunt and fish but thats not fun anymore. lol. Oh well some wives just don't understand and prolly never will. Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.