`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Maybe its just me.

RE: Maybe its just me.
(08-01-2011, 12:54 PM)captdolo Wrote: I go BV to BV for the most part with exceptions... like my 100BV Lincecum Auto rookie books for 100, but sells for 80-85 very often...with that I am not going to trade for lesser cards that sell of less than half of BV all the time

Also people like to keep big fish for when I see another big fish that I want. I need the big cards to get other big cards.
Yes I know because I want that card hahaha.

Is this thing on?

The trend I've noticed is that this is usually done by the more seasoned members of this board (not sure why that is though). They will send me an "open offer" of anywhere from 5-10 cards with a BV of $20-50. I counter with 2-5 cards with the same BV and they will automatically cancel the trade with a comment of "I don't trade inserts for SPs, or Base for Inserts, etc".

1) That's not an open offer
2) If BV is the same (especially under $50), does it really matter?
3) If you trade like this, then send a comment with your trade that you only trade base-base, insert-insert, etc
4) Don't just cancel the trade, counter with something (and a comment) and most people will easily find something else to make the trade

If not, it's a complete waste of everyone's time
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

it's been said on here but if I can get ANY griffey I need I'll trade a high end auto or g/u for them. i find traders on here have 1 or 2 i could use and once in a while someone has a ton with a bv well over 100 and what choice to i have but to trade something higher end. for him no problem. anything else.. i might hesitate a little more. but bv for bv. if the card doesn't have a bv i'll take what i bought it for and add a percentage and try to work it out with the trader.
If i do this offer which i have many times I usually ask for some compromise in letting me go over the value of my auto/gu for the base/inserts i'm recieving and no one has had a problem
no org, please do not send trade requests

(08-01-2011, 01:04 PM)griffan15 Wrote: The trend I've noticed is that this is usually done by the more seasoned members of this board (not sure why that is though). They will send me an "open offer" of anywhere from 5-10 cards with a BV of $20-50. I counter with 2-5 cards with the same BV and they will automatically cancel the trade with a comment of "I don't trade inserts for SPs, or Base for Inserts, etc".

1) That's not an open offer
2) If BV is the same (especially under $50), does it really matter?
3) If you trade like this, then send a comment with your trade that you only trade base-base, insert-insert, etc
4) Don't just cancel the trade, counter with something (and a comment) and most people will easily find something else to make the trade

If not, it's a complete waste of everyone's time
I am a seasoned member. I assure you I will never cancel a trade with anyone without commenting. I think its rude to just cancel. I always comment. It happens to me though all the time.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I admit I do prefer and try to get autos when trading autos. It doesn't always happen, but I still try. For me, it has nothing to do with BV, it's all about trade bait.

Let's face it, I will have a LOT easier time trading a $30 auto than a $30 insert/base. That's just the way it is.

(08-01-2011, 01:14 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I am a seasoned member. I assure you I will never cancel a trade with anyone without commenting. I think its rude to just cancel. I always comment. It happens to me though all the time.
I don't even know the reason as to why, but it's happened to me a handful of times and it's always from a veteran member, that's all I'm saying. Not you though, we've done a few transactions with no issue at all.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(08-01-2011, 01:27 PM)griffan15 Wrote: I don't even know the reason as to why, but it's happened to me a handful of times and it's always from a veteran member, that's all I'm saying. Not you though, we've done a few transactions with no issue at all.
I think its the newer guys wanna trade and need a few to get started and the older guys get to where they don't care or are tired of some of the offers they get.

(08-01-2011, 01:31 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I think its the newer guys wanna trade and need a few to get started and the older guys get to where they don't care or are tired of some of the offers they get.
If thats true I think some of these older members that do that need to either remove their trades or list the stuff they are only seeking. Offers come all the time and thats because we have cards up for trade. I don't know what people will offer. I find it interesting. Kinda fun in away. I think the ones who are rude or just cancel with no reason are the ones who need to leave the trading alone. Jmo!

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

If I am trading for PC items then I definitely don't mind getting inserts/refractors or serial numbered cards I need in return for my lower-end & sometimes mid-end gu and autos. If I am trading merely for more trade-bait then I at least want something I can turn around and trade, but it doesn't necessarily have to be auto for auto, etc.

I try and always think about the other collector too, like a couple on here have said, sometimes all you have & can afford are the lower-end inserts, game-used cards, and #'d cards. I also agree that canceling without @ least sending a comment or PM is not real considerate
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(08-01-2011, 01:50 PM)talkntribe Wrote: If thats true I think some of these older members that do that need to either remove their trades or list the stuff they are only seeking. Offers come all the time and thats because we have cards up for trade. I don't know what people will offer. I find it interesting. Kinda fun in away. I think the ones who are rude or just cancel with no reason are the ones who need to leave the trading alone. Jmo!
This is true. I never know what i will trade for. I put things I don't want as much on the block and look for things I can use as bait or want for myself. I never know what I am getting until I get looking. We just did a trade, and I had no clue I wanted the card I got from you. I likely will move it later for something I want more but until then I am keeping it. That is how it works. I built a nice PC by moving cards and sometimes not always taking just what I wanted.

I can give a few examples: There are a few guys I deal with who are after certain things. I have to target guys like Wright, Longo, Braun, Pedoria, etc. I have no interest really in keeping those guys. However, the collectors who do need them also have something I want. That is why I always look. You never know what you really need. I feel having a broad range of bait is the best way to be able to trade with anyone when the time comes they have something you may need.