`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...

RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
(07-25-2011, 03:06 PM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: Yes, but we don't live back then. Now we have lived in decade after decade of specialized card collecting where we can buy a baseball product and know we are getting only baseball.

Now I don't care if someone wants to collect A&G, because that is their choice, and it doesn't bother me that this set exists either, even though it isn't my cup of tea. But using the comeback that you should be glad you weren't around 125 years ago is tenuous at best. If we were around 125 years ago our collecting choices would be determined by what we knew and the culture of the time. The fact is, we DON'T live 125 years ago and our collecting preferences rightfully reflect that fact.
I think it's not really something to argue about
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-25-2011, 03:08 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I think it's not really something to argue about
Absouletely agreed. I was just mentioning it because I have seen someone post that in EVERY thread someone says they like "baseball only" products. It's been getting old.

(07-25-2011, 12:12 AM)LARSON83 Wrote: I am not a pack searcher. I am a father of 4 and work full-time, so I do not have the time to sit and search cards. I enjoy collecting cards and have passed my love of the hobby on to my 2 boys. Every once in awhile I will purchase a lot of hot packs from someone I met in the community.

What kind of justification is that? You don't have the time to pack search so you basically pay or reward someone else for doing it?

I don't have time to waste my time stealing stuff from people's houses. I just buy it on the cheap from the local crackheads to resell on Ebay. But don't worry I hardly make any money doing it. I just get lucky every once in a while.

Yeah he probably buys the hot packs, feels them/bends them, whatever they do, sells the crap ones and opens the good ones
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-25-2011, 03:32 PM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: Absouletely agreed. I was just mentioning it because I have seen someone post that in EVERY thread someone says they like "baseball only" products. It's been getting old.
Probably because there are people who are unaware that there were non-baseball cards put out by Allen and Ginter back in the day.

Wal-Mart must know this guy pretty well.....the majority of his items sold are hot packs....unless he sells the packs with hits from all those thousands he has spent on boxes. Sorry, just don't buy the story.

Dumb stuff....

I try to bite my tounge but its hard to do. So what if the guy is a pack searcher. I really doubt that the hair card was found by searching a retail pack from wal-mart....and if it was, I'm glad it went to this guy and not some kid that would stick it in his bicycle spokes.

Everybody's gotta jump on the hot pack sellers like they are inhuman shreds of animal feces, while probably most of you have either purchased hot packs and/or searched yourself in one form or another.

I see so much bitterness and jealousy in this thread its nauseating. Let the guy enjoy his once in a lifetime hit.

(07-26-2011, 02:19 AM)cincycap83 Wrote: Everybody's gotta jump on the hot pack sellers like they are inhuman shreds of animal feces, while probably most of you have either purchased hot packs and/or searched yourself in one form or another.
care to back that up at all?
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-26-2011, 02:19 AM)cincycap83 Wrote: I try to bite my tounge but its hard to do. So what if the guy is a pack searcher. I really doubt that the hair card was found by searching a retail pack from wal-mart....and if it was, I'm glad it went to this guy and not some kid that would stick it in his bicycle spokes.
Wow I didn't know kids did that now. Maybe in the 50's from what I have heard.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]