`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...

RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
the best part is if i were to buy it for 29k id earn $100 in ebay bucks! lol!
JD

Crazy to spend that much on a piece of hair from someone so recent, I could understand DaVinci, Shakespeare, even Lincoln, but either way it seems easy to pluck a hair from the intern down the hall and call it JFK's...

Also, how do you know that guy is a pack searcher? Not denying he is, just curious as to how you can tell.
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

Is human hair considered a body part? Body parts are forbidden on eBay. Whatever. Putting them on cards now is a disgusting and pathetic low for the hobby.

(07-24-2011, 09:39 PM)rocknandrew Wrote: Crazy to spend that much on a piece of hair from someone so recent, I could understand DaVinci, Shakespeare, even Lincoln, but either way it seems easy to pluck a hair from the intern down the hall and call it JFK's...

Also, how do you know that guy is a pack searcher? Not denying he is, just curious as to how you can tell.
Can't confirm pack searcher per se... but if you look at his completed items sold.. all mostly "hot packs". I know I'm a little nosy, but I always hope it's some guy who sells $2-5 cards who finally hit it big with a high $$ card... I guess it gives me hope that it will be me some day. lol

~Vesper

Hello everyone. I am the seller of this card and I just felt the need to defend myself. Let me start by saying that I am not a pack searcher. I am a father of 4 and work full-time, so I do not have the time to sit and search cards. I enjoy collecting cards and have passed my love of the hobby on to my 2 boys. Every once in awhile I will purchase a lot of hot packs from someone I met in the community. If I'm lucky I make 2 dollars off each pack. If you go and read my feedback on ebay, you will see that I take care of each and every one of my buyers with next day shipping and bonus cards (most of the time I give an extra auto or relic card). My feedback speaks for itself.

I have spent thousands on boxes only to get very few great hits. As we all know, this is a hobby that requires taking gambles and 99% of the time we lose out. That 1% falls on times like this, where I happen to have gotten a pull of a lifetime (which I am grateful for and do not expect to repeat itself). I try to teach my boys this hobby is a lot like life...stuff doesn't always go your way, sometimes the person next to you will get what you want, and you need to be happy for them. I thought that this was part of what collecting was all about. At least this is what it meant to me when I was 9, and at 28 I feel the same way every time I break open a pack of cards. I know there are always going to be people that are jealous b/c that has been me before, but in those instances I bit my tongue and tried to be nothing but happy for them. I really debated even putting this card up since it would be a great heirloom to pass on to my kids, but to be honest I could really use the money to support my family right now. So whether I get $1000 or $20,000 I know that I am extremely lucky to be in this position and to own such a extraordinary card...and trust me luck has not been on my side most of my life. I just want to thank everyone for being part of this hobby that we love so much. I hope it doesn't fade away--I would hope that it lasts for my kids to experience all the joys of being a collector.

Im not bashing this pull at all because i would love to have it to sell also but who in there right mind would want a PIECE OF HAIR, YES IS SAID HAIR FROM ANYONE ? SERIOUSLY ? that is just gross and the main question pops into your mind is that how in the hell did someone obtain this ? Its probably a piece of hair from a relative. What did topps dig up JFK just to get hair for their relic cards ? come on !
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

(07-25-2011, 01:09 AM)jrod1022 Wrote: Im not bashing this pull at all because i would love to have it to sell also but who in there right mind would want a PIECE OF HAIR, YES IS SAID HAIR FROM ANYONE ? SERIOUSLY ? that is just gross and the main question pops into your mind is that how in the hell did someone obtain this ? Its probably a piece of hair from a relative. What did topps dig up JFK just to get hair for their relic cards ? come on !
collecting hair is what folks used to do (think of it as the original game used card). there is actually quite a bit of jfk's hair out there to be had....not really rare, which is why this card is asinine. i mean, hair from someone dead for 100 years? sure. but from 40-50 years ago? meh

(07-25-2011, 12:12 AM)LARSON83 Wrote: Hello everyone. I am the seller of this card and I just felt the need to defend myself. Let me start by saying that I am not a pack searcher. I am a father of 4 and work full-time, so I do not have the time to sit and search cards. I enjoy collecting cards and have passed my love of the hobby on to my 2 boys. Every once in awhile I will purchase a lot of hot packs from someone I met in the community. If I'm lucky I make 2 dollars off each pack. If you go and read my feedback on ebay, you will see that I take care of each and every one of my buyers with next day shipping and bonus cards (most of the time I give an extra auto or relic card). My feedback speaks for itself.

I have spent thousands on boxes only to get very few great hits. As we all know, this is a hobby that requires taking gambles and 99% of the time we lose out. That 1% falls on times like this, where I happen to have gotten a pull of a lifetime (which I am grateful for and do not expect to repeat itself). I try to teach my boys this hobby is a lot like life...stuff doesn't always go your way, sometimes the person next to you will get what you want, and you need to be happy for them. I thought that this was part of what collecting was all about. At least this is what it meant to me when I was 9, and at 28 I feel the same way every time I break open a pack of cards. I know there are always going to be people that are jealous b/c that has been me before, but in those instances I bit my tongue and tried to be nothing but happy for them. I really debated even putting this card up since it would be a great heirloom to pass on to my kids, but to be honest I could really use the money to support my family right now. So whether I get $1000 or $20,000 I know that I am extremely lucky to be in this position and to own such a extraordinary card...and trust me luck has not been on my side most of my life. I just want to thank everyone for being part of this hobby that we love so much. I hope it doesn't fade away--I would hope that it lasts for my kids to experience all the joys of being a collector.
Honestly.... I'm glad you replied cause it makes me feel better that someone "real" did get it! I guess after many years u get kinda numbed by all the "others" in the hobby that u get kinda speculative. Unfortunetly u have to admit there are a lot of "others" that are sinking the hobby right now... anyway, long story short... congrats on the pull and send some of your luck my way next time!! Smile

~Vesper

(07-25-2011, 12:12 AM)LARSON83 Wrote: Hello everyone. I am the seller of this card and I just felt the need to defend myself. Let me start by saying that I am not a pack searcher. I am a father of 4 and work full-time, so I do not have the time to sit and search cards. I enjoy collecting cards and have passed my love of the hobby on to my 2 boys. Every once in awhile I will purchase a lot of hot packs from someone I met in the community. If I'm lucky I make 2 dollars off each pack. If you go and read my feedback on ebay, you will see that I take care of each and every one of my buyers with next day shipping and bonus cards (most of the time I give an extra auto or relic card). My feedback speaks for itself.

Congrats on the pull!!! Sounds like you are passing on the love of the hobby the right way!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

cute story, but you still can't defend your selling of hot packs. I don't care if you are the lackey selling them after buying them from a pack searcher or not, if you participate in the process of the selling of hot packs, you are just as guilty as the fat guy in target feeling up the packs. Pack searching and hot pack selling is a scurge on the hobby and if you want to maintain some type of respect in the hobby to be an example for your kids, you would not engage in such garbage.