Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What to do with $200?
Exclamation 
What to do with $200?
What is the best thing to do with almost $200?:

- Buy hot packs off of auctions sites
- Buy a box (I might want to do a group break, as I am just pulling for a Bryce right now Smile )
- Buy AU's right off of auction sites
- Save the money for college (really would rather spend it on cards)

- I feel like everytime I make a purchase with larges amounts of money that I am not using it wisely, although this happens every single time I spend. Help a brother out!

RE: What to do with $200?
$100 towards College. $100 on the nicest card you can find on the bay.

Stay away from hot packs.

Def. stay away from hot packs! They're criminal. Someone opens it, replaces a nice patch with a 1-clr JSY and you've wasted $7-$8. That's just me, though.

When I was in college, I got about $3,300 one spring that was left over from my grant. That was totally free money. So, I blew most of it on sports cards. Of course, that was around 2003, but all that stuff is nearly worthless now. If I were smart back then, I would've spent a little on cards and put the rest toward my living expense when I graduated.

Buy you a nice box of product, something you really like and can live with buying. I like the look of the Heritage or A&G. Can't go wrong with either of those.

Then set the rest aside and just wait for Harper's stuff to come down. It's going to happen because the hype won't last forever.

Hope this helps

(07-22-2011, 10:39 AM)paulbertini Wrote: $100 towards College. $100 on the nicest card you can find on the bay.
I like the 50/50 thing. That's probably the smartest thing to do...
(07-22-2011, 10:45 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Def. stay away from hot packs! They're criminal. Someone opens it, replaces a nice patch with a 1-clr JSY and you've wasted $7-$8. That's just me, though.

When I was in college, I got about $3,300 one spring that was left over from my grant. That was totally free money. So, I blew most of it on sports cards. Of course, that was around 2003, but all that stuff is nearly worthless now. If I were smart back then, I would've spent a little on cards and put the rest toward my living expense when I graduated.

Buy you a nice box of product, something you really like and can live with buying. I like the look of the Heritage or A&G. Can't go wrong with either of those.

Then set the rest aside and just wait for Harper's stuff to come down. It's going to happen because the hype won't last forever.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the comment man. This helps.

(07-22-2011, 10:37 AM)ryanbostonredsox Wrote: What is the best thing to do with almost $200?:

- Buy hot packs off of auctions sites
Are you freakin' serious???.....stay away from that garbage man....
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(07-22-2011, 11:46 AM)kata78 Wrote: Are you freakin' serious???.....stay away from that garbage man....
Okay guys, I get the picture! But thanks..

Convert it to Chinese money and hold on to it for the future.

(07-22-2011, 02:17 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Convert it to Chinese money and hold on to it for the future.
Last time I did that I lost 3000 Yen (that is what they use right?)

(07-22-2011, 03:10 PM)ryanbostonredsox Wrote: Last time I did that I lost 3000 Yen (that is what they use right?)
I think they use Wal-mart stock.