`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle the plot thickens

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle the plot thickens
LOL. I am ok with giving up a $20k card, but all this SCANNING!!!!!! ARGH!!!!

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle the plot thickens
man....I somehow totally MISSED the whole part of this story about the switched/different PSA number...I would have avoided this whole transaction like a stick lit on fire....

... stabbed into my eyes
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I'm glad it didnt work out for you. As the updates went on red flags started to appear.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Hey, I will give you a PSA 11 Super Pristine Ultra Shiny Gem Mint 1909 T206 Honus Wagner for the same card. I have a great scan of it, but I just don't feel like taking the time to show it on here. I will however, have it delivered to you by Bigfoot riding a Unicorn owned by the tooth fairy on February 30th if you are interested.

(07-22-2011, 02:17 AM)lobos1974 Wrote: Hey, I will give you a PSA 11 Super Pristine Ultra Shiny Gem Mint 1909 T206 Honus Wagner for the same card. I have a great scan of it, but I just don't feel like taking the time to show it on here. I will however, have it delivered to you by Bigfoot riding a Unicorn owned by the tooth fairy on February 30th if you are interested.
there is only 1 PSA 11 copy of that card and it belongs to some guy in the UK, so i'm pretty sure you're lying
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Glad to see you didn't get burned. As the story unfolded there were too many 'Red Flags' with the first being a $20K deal off the Beckett Boards. Somehow this tool needs to be exposed as they will surely strike again and find someone less savvy with the Forum and Beckett community. If nothing else they should go on the Bad Trader list as 'Suspect' for the rest of the traders to be aware. Just my 3 cents...due to inflation.
[Image: 98AtomicRefractor.jpg]

“Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that
is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.”

Author unknown

(07-22-2011, 06:50 AM)srruss Wrote: Just my 3 cents...due to inflation.
You mean exchange rate? (ba dum bum)

Yeah, good thing this didn't work out. This is just as bad as the Cragslist people who offer to write you a cashier's check (if you give your name, adress and bank) and have their "assistant" pick up the item personally...I guess it just shows if it's too good to be true...run like the dickens.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle
(07-20-2011, 10:32 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Haven't I seen similar fossil cards go on Ebay for like $800?

A quick internet search and it looks like you can buy a Pterodactyl tooth for around $50. He must really like the card that tooth comes with.

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle
(07-22-2011, 09:49 AM)reido918 Wrote: A quick internet search and it looks like you can buy a Pterodactyl tooth for around $50. He must really like the card that tooth comes with.
There was someone on here, not too long ago, saying that he sold a dino relic card for $950. But maybe he was just kidding.

In fact, now that I think about it, I believe that it was the OP.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!