`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got some goodies this weekend.

Got some goodies this weekend.
This weekend I worked a trade with someone through CL and he wanted a Dale Jr Ceramic 1:12 RC Diecast that I had (priced around $350). Well during the trade at his home he tends to show me a bunch of old Finish Line Racing product that he had purchased through a mini storage auction. Turns out that the founder of Finish line Racing cards Aurthur West is from here in Jacksonville and he decided to sell all of his personal collection from his own product line and a lot of other items like Pro Set, Action Diecast, etc... Seeings that all this product has been taking up a lot of space in his home, he begins loading me up with tons of items. I ended up with a dozen or so Dale Jr and Dale Sr Diecast, UNCUT sheets of Jeff Gordon, Ernie Irvan. A case of 1991 and 1992 Pro Set Hobby boxes, 8 different Assets racing card sets (some values at $180 each), 20 Boxes of Nascar cards from the 1988 up to 2004. I have inserts and Die Cuts from Mark martin, Gordon, Johnson, Jr, Sr, etc... Including all the Hologram cards form the 1990's. No auto's or memorabilia cards. Here was the disturbing part to the collection. I remember buying the Hobby boxes in the 90's in hopes of finding the hologram cards of Irvan, Sr. and so forth. Most are serial numbered to 3000 to 6000. Well the reason I never found one in the box is because most of them were never inserted in the boxes. This guy had a few 1000 of each hologram card with serial numbers on them. he gave me a dozen or more of each in our deal. It felt good finally getting some of these cards for my PC but was irritating that they were just hidden in someone mini storage for so long and never put in the boxes. Oh well, if anyone is needing any of these items let me know. I entered tons of the inserts and holograms to my Org. Lots more to come. Pictures will be posted later.

RE: Got some goodies this weekend.
Sounds like a great haul. Congrats on getting a bunch of something you've been wanting for decades. Smile

cool deal, i dont suppose you ended up with any of the finish line commerotive sheets did you
oh and this 1997 Finish Line Phone Pak II 36 L.Wood/ E.Wood/ M.Waltrip

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

I sent you a PM before I went digging. I did have a box full of phone cards with tons of different drivers in Busch, Winston and truck series. And I just happen to find a 1997 Finish Line Phone Pak II #36 L.Wood/E.Wood/M.Waltrip card. It has a white background with Waltrip standing in the middle of the 2 brothers. As for the commemorative sheets, I got a few of the Finish Line Images uncut sheets of Jeff Gordon and Ernie Irvan. Going back to get a handful more sheets next weekend. I will see what else he has. Most is the Original copies of all the finish line cards from the first time being run.

Sounds like a pretty sweet haul! I'd be glad to take all your Mark Martin cards off your hands :p

lol..I was surprised at how many inserts and die-cuts that were in these boxes of mark.

(07-19-2011, 10:43 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Sounds like a pretty sweet haul! I'd be glad to take all your Mark Martin cards off your hands :p
Awww. No way you jumped me on that. Big Grin
I'd be happy to trade for any that slufan doesn't get. I'd also be interested in the Gordon uncut sheet as well as any other JG's you got that I don't have.

Sounds good, I added a lot of there cards already. I also have a box of Earnhardt Sr cards that i will be adding to my MIXED NASCAR folder soon. I have a buyer coming to look at some of the sheets tomorrow. I will let you know what is left.

(07-19-2011, 10:58 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Awww. No way you jumped me on that. Big Grin
I'd be happy to trade for any that slufan doesn't get. I'd also be interested in the Gordon uncut sheet as well as any other JG's you got that I don't have.
Martin has been the only driver that I've ever been a big fan of. There are others that I like, but Martin has always been my favorite since I was a little kid. I was just being sarcastic though, I don't have anything to trade at the moment. Feel free to get whichever ones you need :p

(07-20-2011, 08:43 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Martin has been the only driver that I've ever been a big fan of. There are others that I like, but Martin has always been my favorite since I was a little kid. I was just being sarcastic though, I don't have anything to trade at the moment. Feel free to get whichever ones you need :p
I was just kidding w/ you. I've been a fan of him since I was a kid too. I decided in 2002 that I needed to find a new driver to collect as well. I was figuring that Mark would retire in the next few years. JJ really impressed me in his 1st year & a 1/2. So I added him to my PC. During Mark's semi-retirement, I switched to collecting JJ more than MM.
I have some duplicate MM's for trade. Check my ORG to see if you need them. I would trade them for any duplicate STL Cardinals cards you have that I like/need OR anything else in my sig.. LMK.
(07-19-2011, 11:11 PM)bott2711 Wrote: Sounds good, I added a lot of there cards already. I also have a box of Earnhardt Sr cards that i will be adding to my MIXED NASCAR folder soon. I have a buyer coming to look at some of the sheets tomorrow. I will let you know what is left.
Just let us all know when you get it all sorted out. I may be interested in any of the 2 drivers in my sig. I also collect Jeff Gordon and Kyle Busch.
Oh yeah, do you plan to sell any of the ProSet boxes?