`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why, Oh Why, Basketball Board?

RE: Why, Oh Why, Basketball Board?
xstream- i am EXTREMELY concerned here.. you are saying dorkguy is going to be able to trade after this nonsense?? we all understand problems happen but not responding is crazy and there is no excuse for that. if he is let back very few on here will have any trust on here.

and will is right these boards are dead. i recently joined another site and he is right posts are replied to every minute!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

so do some lobbying and get them over here, lol
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

yea just like on here you cant mention other sites. maybe i should just make a megasite!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

I wish Beckett was considered that Megasite. Smile

As for the trader in question, if he gets all of the cards to the users, he's held up his end of the bargain. I doubt everyone's going to give him perfect feedback and it'll be reflected in his score. These threads will still be here so people will be able to investigate his trading habits and then trade on their own accord. We have to give people a chance to fix their issues.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

maybe beckett needs to put ads on the fillers and decoys they put in boxes to spread the word.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

lol. What fillers and decoys? Like in blasters and such? I don't Panini is willing to make allegiances. Smile

(07-12-2011, 03:43 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: so do some lobbying and get them over here, lol

Unfortunately those other sites have very similiar rules compared to this forum. That would get us kicked off of those other sites.

I think it is all pointless to charge for the org, I haven't paid Beckett a dime since the change and my overall trading hasn't really taken a hit.

I promise you that collectors get the information they need from the database card searches without paying. If I have a question about a card or a set, I can still look it up for free. I just can't add more than 100 of them to my org or see the Beckett value without paying.

It is not like Beckett is a hobby secret, less members trading on here = less people interested in trying to trade on this forum.

It is the Austin Powers "Fat Bastard" syndrome, " I eat because I am unhappy and I am unhappy because I eat."
"It's a vicious cycle.......Now if you all would excuse me, I need to get in touch with someone, myself."
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

The charge isn't for the ability to search the database, the knowledge is and always will be free because you can get some checklists from the manufacturer itself. The charge is for the amount of money spent on the developers to create and maintain a software product (that is very in depth) for users to keep their collections organize, propose cards for trade, mark what they want, keep an inventory, determine collection value without having to go through a magazine or write it down or go one by one, etc. That's what they've started charging $20 a year for. The software is very very difficult to write and to maintain, and to update. And developers do not create something so elaborate for free. Believe me, I work on something very similar in nature (millions of users) and it would take more than 3500 subscribers at $20 a year to cover my salary. Smile