`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Goodwin Champions....what a crap box!

2011 Goodwin Champions....what a crap box!
I am so sorely disappointed in this break, I almost don't even want to write about it. My first hobby box that I've ripped in more than year.
Not only did my box yield 1 hit versus the stated 3, that one hit was a Animal patch, which I do like and was hoping to get one, but that was it! No auto, no game-used, no rare mini's. I'm contemplating contacting UD about this horrible box, but don't have much hope of getting anything as compensation. It clearly says in the fine print that the ratio is 'not guaranteed'. What a crap box, and to think I could have bought that nice Lincecum RC auto that I saw instead of this box of worthless junk. Happy 4th of July everyone!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: 2011 Goodwin Champions....what a crap box!
Well... sorry your box sucked... did you at least get a good animal patch? The rarity of the patch is based upon the endangered status of the animal it depicts. An animal of "least concern" is the most common patch, while an "extinct" animal is the rarest.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

Yep, it's the 3 toed sloth, LC, now even the patch card I got sucks....

Sorry.... I pulled an "Endangered" panda patch and 2 basketball jersey cards from my Goodwin break. You must've gotten the short stick. I'd probably still call UD and see if there's anything they can do.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

In my opinion this set sucks and I wouldn't touch anything about it with a ten foot pole!!

(07-04-2011, 12:29 PM)kevinnashoutsider Wrote: In my opinion this set sucks and I wouldn't touch anything about it with a ten foot pole!!
+1 upper deck should just go out of business and save people who buy their products some pain

This set seems like it has some amazing hits but its such a variety of things...

Gypsy Queen was the worst set I've seen this year.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

that does stink -I would still contact them. All they can say is no
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(07-04-2011, 01:18 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: This set seems like it has some amazing hits but its such a variety of things...

Gypsy Queen was the worst set I've seen this year.

???

I liked the Gypsy Queen set, it was fun.

On the other hand, if I rip open a box of this Goodwin junk, it is because Upper Deck paid ME to take it.

I watched that little review video they made for it, and they of course showed all the cool cards, bugs, Presidential painting cards, etc...unfortunately I didn't hit a damn thing. I guess I'll just save a couple hundred and get a bug redemption.