Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Here's my point

RE: Here's my point
I just want that thing that says "new member" to say "member." Agghhhhhh
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I have been here since 01 and think before that even. This site was once the "cats meow" as some people say.
It has had alot of ups and downs and we all know why. Many people have left and those that are still here seem to be alot newer people. You don't see many that are prior to 09. In this 3 page thread i saw few from the old days. I used to be on a 1st name basis with a few people here and it was great. I left when the 1st major change came a few years back. I have come in a few times here and thier to strike up conversations and it seems sometimes they go sometimes not. I being a old timer from here ....(don't care that it says "Jr member") feel that people need to be seen as good then if they mess up that is when it all goes down hill. I wish you guys all the best and hope for lasting frendships here as this hobby is in a rough area right now and doesn't need people leaving b/c they feel they aren't welcome.
Just my 2 cents take it as you like.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Maybe im reading this wrong but it kinda sounds like some people putting down " high enders " just because they have higher end cards. not all people with high end cards have a my collection is better than yours because its worth more attitude. I will also say that when i was new and pretty much still am new i was not disrespected but i was not what you would consider one of the group or whatever, i understood that i was new and unknown. to think that you can just come in and be part of any certain group of members in my opinion is crazy. trust and respect is something you have to earn from others its not something you should just expect to be given.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(06-21-2011, 04:54 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Maybe im reading this wrong but it kinda sounds like some people putting down " high enders " just because they have higher end cards. not all people with high end cards have a my collection is better than yours because its worth more attitude. I will also say that when i was new and pretty much still am new i was not disrespected but i was not what you would consider one of the group or whatever, i understood that i was new and unknown. to think that you can just come in and be part of any certain group of members in my opinion is crazy. trust and respect is something you have to earn from others its not something you should just expect to be given.
I would have to agree with this. I don't think I have really seen anyone get straight out dissed as a new member. I think the members have been very fair on here. I sent first for the first several trades, though I can say that the first trade I made, the trader I made it with sent with me at the same time. It made me feel very welcome.

As far as being part of the group goes... it's a mixed bag IMO. I don't really feel like I'm a part of a group here, but I'm not upset about it either. There's a few members I have done deals with more than a few occassions. I have met and had conversations with a lot of great people. Members have really looked out and allowed me to understand a hobby that had evolved greatly since I stopped collecting in 1998 in my teenage years. I come here to trade to get cards I want, and to help other get cards they want. Do I make a deal every time a trade is proposed? No. Do members always work with me to get what I want? No. Am I mad about it? No. Bottom line is this is a great place, again IMO, to get together with a group of people and try to help each other out and make this hobby more enjoyable.

I am still a new member here, or wait , junior member now I think, but I have learned a lot about things over the time I have traded. My advice: don't worry about being in a group. Just have fun and enjoy the hobby!

(06-21-2011, 04:54 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Maybe im reading this wrong but it kinda sounds like some people putting down " high enders " just because they have higher end cards. not all people with high end cards have a my collection is better than yours because its worth more attitude. I will also say that when i was new and pretty much still am new i was not disrespected but i was not what you would consider one of the group or whatever, i understood that i was new and unknown. to think that you can just come in and be part of any certain group of members in my opinion is crazy. trust and respect is something you have to earn from others its not something you should just expect to be given.
I definitely agree with this and with what pbean said. Judging people for what cards and pc's they have and what they want to trade for is not the answer. Everyone has there own budgets and nothing but time and paying your dues to the site and members will help you figure that out. I am in a tight spot right now as well, but I do what i can with what I have. I dont take it personally. And some of the high enders you speak of arent much newer than you, they just have a bigger budget and there is nothing you can do about it. Live and trade within your means just as you should in life and things will be alot better for you here. And as in life, you get where you are by EARNING it, not feeling you deserve it.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Just one more quick point here and thats to say that some of those high enders that are kinda being put down because they can afford some higher end cards. well some of those people send out some pretty high end cards for free.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(06-21-2011, 05:12 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Just one more quick point here and thats to say that some of those high enders that are kinda being put down because they can afford some higher end cards. well some of those people send out some pretty high end cards for free.
You should introduce them to me ha ha. That is great though.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

RE: I was replying to the deleted thread. Here's my post
(06-21-2011, 03:43 PM)ebelvin Wrote: I believe that this was well spoken, I too have felt the same way with some and I understand that times are bad now because of the people who are crooked but we do need to stick together and further a great past time. I also have to do a shout-out to Deuce, he helped me also and I am grateful for that. Once again, thank-you rj11 for helping us remember that we should treat each other with a more kinder attitude and get to know each other before we judge a person.
It must be the Auburn fans I'll trade with you anytime if you have Dallas Cowboys or 9'er I collect.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

RE: I was replying to the deleted thread. Here's my post
(06-21-2011, 05:21 PM)rburkett Wrote: It must be the Auburn fans I'll trade with you anytime if you have Dallas Cowboys or 9'er I collect.
Cowboys are mine, so back off! Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I would like to meet one of these nice high enders I think it would really help with my opinion