Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Here's my point
Smile 
Here's my point
You know, I hate confrontation and neg attitudes, I really do. But I must say.. I, being a new member, must admit I havnt really felt welcomed as I started trading and posting threads about a month or so ago. But wait.....Please dont get me wrong. I havnt been str8 up disrespected before but I definately didnt feel as though I was 'a part of the group' from day 1. Just being honest..
Now, I was in a very tight financial spot when I started(and still am) and tried to sell my entire collection..
-Heartbreaking already, right?-
Well, as I felt comfortable enough to post threads, or pm guys w info on 'lots' I thought they might be interested in, I did feel I was being taken lightly. As a joke, if u will
----Again, NOT an issue for me now. I have since made trades and working my way into being an accepted member by the
community. I am only giving this member my pov. ----
After saying that, allow me to also say, I totally understand caution toward a new member..And maybe my timing was just horrible as far as selling..but I must admit, there IS a vibe flowing thru and around the site that says, If you're not a Hi-End guy, find another site..
So, hopefully I didnt offend anyone b/c that is not my intention..So if I did, maybe you are 1 of the members that should take into account that, no matter the value of a collection, we all spent absolutely every cent we could afford on our coll b/c we all love the hobby as much as the next hobbyist. And if someone offers a deal you think is outrageous,..Dont degrade or offend the guy, let him know. I for 1 am guilty of that myself...I am not a retail store. I am not a wholesale store. I am a deal-seeker. If ever I send a PM to someone w/ a list of cards and a price, please, understand that I WILL quite possibly start out a little high. Remember, just as u dont know me, Idk you either..So to thumb ur nose @ me over 1 PM, well, is just ignorant.
That said,
Please guys, I love the hobby and I need to sell & trade as well, but lets not get ugly w/ each other any more! Many posts I've seen this month have been childish...If there is a member trying to steal or doing anything to hurt the hobby, pls, tell a mod, post a thread w/ the persons info(CALL HIM OUT!!) and block him. Then move on. Come on, guys, dont make me regret the great things I am saying about this site..this is AMERICA! Until someone proves theirself to be a weasel or a crook, give him the benefit of the doubt!! Dont send 1st, stay aware of suspicious actions, and trust ur gut. Ur intuition. But dont shun a good person and passionate collector only b/c he's new...Give us a chance, guys! lol
Thanks and God Bless all you guys! Shout-Out Deuce!! I felt welcome & comfortable since post 1..You prolly dont have a clue what that does for a new user. Ur the best, man!
(Instead of making someone out to be a fool or to embarrass someone b/c they are not familiar w/ the site or new to collecting, lets educate them and allow the hobby to grow. If you havn't the patience, reffer him to someone that does)lol Ok Im done, I have org and trade work to do!!!! Big Grin
[Image: rj11bannercopy.jpg]

*Feel free to PM me if you're looking to buy/trade cards of your fav players/teams.*
Let's Work A Deal! Thanks, Collection Nation! -RJ- Thanks, jkiddlridnour! Great Banner!

RE: I was replying to the deleted thread. Here's my post
I've felt welcomed since I transferred from baseball

RE: I was replying to the deleted thread. Here's my post
(06-21-2011, 03:30 PM)r j 11 Wrote: You know, I hate confrontation and neg attitudes, I really do. But I must say.. I, being a new member, must admit I havnt really felt welcomed as I started trading and posting threads about a month or so ago. But wait.....Please dont get me wrong. I havnt been str8 up disrespected before but I definately didnt feel as though I was 'a part of the group' from day 1. Just being honest..
Now, I was in a very tight financial spot when I started(and still am) and tried to sell my entire collection..
-Heartbreaking already, right?-
Well, as I felt comfortable enough to post threads, or pm guys w info on 'lots' I thought they might be interested in, I did feel I was being taken lightly. As a joke, if u will
----Again, NOT an issue for me now. I have since made trades and working my way into being an accepted member by the
community. I am only giving this member my pov. ----
After saying that, allow me to also say, I totally understand caution toward a new member..And maybe my timing was just horrible as far as selling..but I must admit, there IS a vibe flowing thru and around the site that says, If you're not a Hi-End guy, find another site..
So, hopefully I didnt offend anyone b/c that is not my intention..So if I did, maybe you are 1 of the members that should take into account that, no matter the value of a collection, we all spent absolutely every cent we could afford on our coll b/c we all love the hobby as much as the next hobbyist. And if someone offers a deal you think is outrageous,..Dont degrade or offend the guy, let him know. I for 1 am guilty of that myself...I am not a retail store. I am not a wholesale store. I am a deal-seeker. If ever I send a PM to someone w/ a list of cards and a price, please, understand that I WILL quite possibly start out a little high. Remember, just as u dont know me, Idk you either..So to thumb ur nose @ me over 1 PM, well, is just ignorant.
That said,
Please guys, I love the hobby and I need to sell & trade as well, but lets not get ugly w/ each other any more! Many posts I've seen this month have been childish...If there is a member trying to steal or doing anything to hurt the hobby, pls, tell a mod, post a thread w/ the persons info(CALL HIM OUT!!) and block him. Then move on. Come on, guys, dont make me regret the great things I am saying about this site..this is AMERICA! Until someone proves theirself to be a weasel or a crook, give him the benefit of the doubt!! Dont send 1st, stay aware of suspicious actions, and trust ur gut. Ur intuition. But dont shun a good person and passionate collector only b/c he's new...Give us a chance, guys! lol
Thanks and God Bless all you guys! Shout-Out Deuce!! I felt welcome & comfortable since post 1..You prolly dont have a clue what that does for a new user. Ur the best, man!
(Instead of making someone out to be a fool or to embarrass someone b/c they are not familiar w/ the site or new to collecting, lets educate them and allow the hobby to grow. If you havn't the patience, reffer him to someone that does)lol Ok Im done, I have org and trade work to do!!!! Big Grin
I believe that this was well spoken, I too have felt the same way with some and I understand that times are bad now because of the people who are crooked but we do need to stick together and further a great past time. I also have to do a shout-out to Deuce, he helped me also and I am grateful for that. Once again, thank-you rj11 for helping us remember that we should treat each other with a more kinder attitude and get to know each other before we judge a person.

RE: Here's my point
Wow I'm glad not to be one of the people that made you feel uncomfortable and it makes me feel good for you to say that Smile

Thanks you too ebelvin Smile I'm getting all kinds of love here lol.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

I felt that way when i first started. trust me it kinda sucks knowing that no one else knows youre just as passionate as a collecter as the next. and it usually takes ONE guy(as there are several listed above in the "watch for these people" thread) to ruin a good thing on here. I have almost 30 trades and positive feedback and still am asked to send first.. i dont take offence to it(yet) and will do just that to earn respect. Ive given several freebies along the way too as it always helps build confidence for yourself ive found out.

(06-21-2011, 03:44 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Thanks you too ebelvin Smile I'm getting all kinds of love here lol.
As you should. You da man deuce

I would also like to send a shout out to deuce he made me feel welcome since Day 1 I have gotten to where I try to ignore high enders it gets on my nerves like I have money and you don't grrr I hate that

I often try to point out to people also when trading high end or any end card for that matter.. i have boughten more than 80% of my collection and know what ive spent in doing so.. i sometimes look at trading towards that aspect rather than BV. If im 10-20 bucks off of BV idc unless i feel im "losing" what i spent.. so to speak if it makes sense...
(06-21-2011, 03:50 PM)dorkypunkrockerguy Wrote: I would also like to send a shout out to deuce he made me feel welcome since Day 1 I have gotten to where I try to ignore high enders it gets on my nerves like I have money and you don't grrr I hate that
i save alotve change and dollar bills to buy most of my stuff! lol!(and have a maxxed out credit card of 6k limit..)

I collect Boldin and Roberts because they are affordable for me. Some people are fortunate enough to collect high end, but don't let them make you feel like your collection isn't worth it. I mean heck I can probably buy twenty Andre Roberts autos for the price of one Bradford and I'm happy with that.
Andre Roberts-87 Autos with Six 1/1's
http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106...1QQtppZZ28

I know one thing for sure this has to be the absolute best thread in the history of beckett!!
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/