`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two 15 team leagues - No divisions?

Two 15 team leagues - No divisions?
I just heard this might be a possibility. MLB could go to "no divisions and a two 15 team league" setup. The Astros are the "most likely" per Buster Olney, to switch to the AL to even the leagues out.

Top 5 teams go to the playoffs. That easy. I think I like it.

What do ya'll think? Pros? Cons?
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions?
I know I like that Heyward Pie in the face SP in your sig
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(06-11-2011, 09:58 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I know I like that Heyward Pie in the face SP in your sig
Thanks! I got the PIF in a big trade back in Feb i think. It was right before the site switch. Believe it or not it was a pretty fair deal too. The guy didn't try to hose me. lol

I think they should just stick with what they have as it is. No need to tweak anything the way it is now in my opinion. Granted, if I was able to change anything, I'd go back to East/West in each division and the playoffs are the league championship and then World Series. However, in today's MLB, I don't think that would be healthy at all.

I see you have several Chipper autos

I have one in my bucket listed for trade if you want it

Would be looking for something comparable that catches my eye for my Braves PC
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(06-11-2011, 09:56 PM)mdavison Wrote: I just heard this might be a possibility. MLB could go to "no divisions and a two 15 team league" setup. The Astros are the "most likely" per Buster Olney, to switch to the AL to even the leagues out.

Top 5 teams go to the playoffs. That easy. I think I like it.

What do ya'll think? Pros? Cons?
wow, just when the Cubs thought they could not fall any further then sixth place...lol just kidding cub fans.

I don't like this idea because either 2 teams would have to take the day off every day, or they would have 1 interleague game per day
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(06-11-2011, 10:04 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I don't like this idea because either 2 teams would have to take the day off every day, or they would have 1 interleague game per day
I think the interleague play is part of the reason they're wanting to do it. MLB wants more interleague play. I hate that part of the idea! Who really cares about interleague???

I DO like the idea of the top 5 teams go to the playoffs though. I hate the fact that a team with a worse record goes to the playoffs just because they have a weak division.

(06-11-2011, 10:10 PM)mdavison Wrote: I think the interleague play is part of the reason they're wanting to do it. MLB wants more interleague play. I hate that part of the idea! Who really cares about interleague???

I DO like the idea of the top 5 teams go to the playoffs though. I hate the fact that a team with a worse record goes to the playoffs just because they have a weak division.
As someone who currently lives in the middle of national league territory and is an American league fan, I do. There's 162 freakin games and no reason every team cant have at least one series against every other team throughout the year. I welcome more interleague.

The only other thing i'd suggest is adding two new teams and going to 4 divisions in each league but i think this works better in the end.

Is this thing on?

I have been wanting this for as long as I can remember. The Divisions are pointless.

This is what they SHOULD do:
Each team will play 13 of the other teams in their league 9 games a season. That will make up 117 of their games.

Each team will also play 6 interleague games against 5 different teams from the other league. That will make up 30 more games.

Then, each team will have a designated "rival" within their league who they play 15 times a season.

Personally, I would enjoy this much more than the current system. I dont want to see the Red Sox play the Orioles, Jays, Rays, and Yankees 18 times each. It is unbalanced and honestly gets boring. The 15 games against a rival will make sure the teams like the Red Sox and Yankees, Angels and Dogers, and other rivalries can still have more games than normal, but still less than now.

There are a few flaws in the sytem, but its just an idea. One of them being that a rival may not be in the same league, which would mess things up a bit.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox