`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LeBron James hatred?

RE: LeBron James hatred?
& got whatcha want... Your "fortune teller" told you that LeBron and Wade will be in the all time great conversation?????? LMAO!!!! Wow that was a daring prediction for him/her to make considering both are already considered perennial all-stars as it is lol...

You miss the point completely! LeBron will never be considered the greatest ever because he's done things that all time greats DON'T DO!!! He's QUIT on his teams, he's showed no class in defeat, and had the biggest "look at me" moment EVER with "The Decision"!!!!! Not to mention he's been swept in a Finals and will lose this series as well! And even if the Heat can pull this one off it's not because of LeBron and he'll probably be third in MVP voting behind Wade and Bosh! Skip Bayless has been the only one in the media without the rose colored glasses for the "king"... LeBron represents everything about the new generation of punk kids... Thinking they're the "greatest ever" without having accomplished anything to back it up!!! Also I'm starting to really doubt that you were around to watch MJ in his Bulls days because if you had been you'd realize that what your saying is blasphemy! Your guys Kobe Bryant if anyone should be in a debate with MJ on who is the greatest of all time. And even though I don't think Kobe accomplished enough to take MJ's throne... He's definitely second and FAR ahead of what LeBron will ever be! 5 rings and the heart of a champion!

Great thread!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

can I just ask why it's so important whether LeBron is better than MJ? Can we not cherish the memory of MJ having been an exceptional athlete during 15 seasons and accept that there's now a new kid on the block?

(06-09-2011, 10:31 AM)folkertino Wrote: can I just ask why it's so important whether LeBron is better than MJ? Can we not cherish the memory of MJ having been an exceptional athlete during 15 seasons and accept that there's now a new kid on the block?
Sure we can, but we're not ready to call LeBron the "new kid on the block"... He hasn't earned the honor and never will..

MJ is the greatest ever, IMO. I watched the man play as a kid (just as almost any other 30 year old man as myself did).
AGAIN, I hate comparing these two. bengu-AGAIN, we should be talking about Magic Johnson not MJ when looking for a comparison at LeBron James currently. You started the comparison with your first post in this thread.

(06-08-2011, 06:27 AM)bengu Wrote: LeBron is getting everything he deserves as far as criticism in my opinion! The guy is a dueche bag who thinks he's EARNED the right to be considered amongst the greatest ever. He came out of high school calling himself the "king" lmao what a joke. He will never be MJ because he has no class and is a all about himself type player. The talent level in the NBA is at an all time low and he's just a slightly bigger fish in a small pond. Honestly I can go on FOREVER on why he'll never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ... If you must know why then I will explain lol.. Just ask

You are missing what my disagreement about your posts is, bengu.

1) LeBron is no freaking ROBIN to anyones BATMAN.

2) Not sure what constitutes blasphemy in Basketball, but Bill Russell was a Player/Coach when he won his 9th Title. The Finals MVP trophy is now named after him because it didn't exist when that man played. There are old timers (not me), that I know, they watched him and believe that he is the greatest ever, not MJ. I can say without a doubt that there are 6-7 guys that thier careers hold weight when being compared against each other as the greatest ever. Different erras = Different or less accolades available.

LEBRON AND D-WADE ARE GOING TO JOIN THAT GROUP, if they can pull out even a few championships. The "never will" on your last post to folkertino makes you a LeBron hater, not an unbias basketball fan.
It is OK to be a LeBum hater, honestly I am myself. I wish the guy would just play ball, because he is an impressive player in my unbiased opinion.

3) LeBron hasn't quit anything, he is in a heated NBA Finals at the moment, dude. Since you are comparing Lebron to MJ and blasting him at the same time (I find that ironic), let me remind you that Michael Jordan QUIT basketball 3, YES I SAID 3 total, TWO different times before finally leaving the last time as an NBA player.

I am not seeing the future, that is why I made a sarcastic comment about a fortune teller. I am saying the potential is there and is more likely for LeBron than anyone else. You can appearently see the future in a crystal ball or something, because you state James will never be in the greatest ever conversation over and over in this thread, like it is fact.

You have done a great job at backing up the validity of this thread, bengu. All that undeserved hatred you have for LeBron. You loathe the man for wanting to win, don't you?

My fortune teller also said that they would craft an authentic LeBron James Voodoo doll for you to poke with needles. Any interest???
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Mavs up 3-2 in the series now. I'm happy hope they can take one in Miami to get this done.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Way to score 2 points in the 4th quarter LeChoke!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(06-08-2011, 01:18 AM)evolb909 Wrote: He doesn't deserve all of the extra scrutiny. There's no way he would have won a ring in Cleveland without another star/semi-star free agent. People don't like the fact he left, but how can you blame him? The Cavs drafted him but he didn't ask to go there and just because he is fom Ohio shouldn't mean he can never leave. "They" just need to move on. All in all I believe it's just a matter of time before all is forgiven, just ask Kobe.
I feel this way as well. Everyone hated Kobe after his affair now he is liked again. Miami has a tough road having to beat a great team 2 games in a row even if its in Miami. I believe it will go to game 7 but as of right now I am not sure who is going to win. I am just impressed how good the series has been. Cleveland was lucky to have him for 7 years without giving him any help.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

The Maveliers rocked tonight.....LeBron took it in the Gloria hole.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(06-08-2011, 06:27 AM)bengu Wrote: LeBron is getting everything he deserves as far as criticism in my opinion! The guy is a dueche bag who thinks he's EARNED the right to be considered amongst the greatest ever. He came out of high school calling himself the "king" lmao what a joke. He will never be MJ because he has no class and is a all about himself type player. The talent level in the NBA is at an all time low and he's just a slightly bigger fish in a small pond. Honestly I can go on FOREVER on why he'll never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ... If you must know why then I will explain lol.. Just ask
So what your saying Kobe, Dirk, Wade before this year, Durant, Anthony, Rose, Howard, Pierce, Allen, Duncan, and Garnett. Are lesser players then the people Jordan played against. I am sure I can name more but off the top of my head. Let me think Jordan played against Magic, Bird, Barkley, Ewing, Robinson. I am sure I can figure out more for both players but you can't tell me that the players now are lesser players than in the 80's. We can look it up year by year and if the players now are not better its close for both Jordans time and James time frame. Their are players I didn't consider since they played them at the end of their careers as Shaq has played against both. I will make a thread and we will list all the key player Jordan played against and who James played agaist. This wat everyone can put players in.
(06-08-2011, 02:00 PM)got watcha want Wrote: bengu- Not saying it is gonna happen or that LBJ is better than MJ now. In fact I stated the two shouldn't even be compared.
But, LeBron is not a big fish in a small pond. That theory is just crazy. The only things the league lacks now compared to the 90's is the less strict officiating and a lack of HOF centers that were abundent then.

Your opinon has holes in it because you think that the talent pool is smaller and you appearently think that LeBron James would not have been as competative in the NBA of the 90's. You're way way off on that opinion.

I can't believe I am defending LeBum right now, being a Kobe fan and rooting for the Mavericks at the moment. I just don't let the fact that I don't like this "diva" player in turn affect my judgement of the guy's skill set. He is having a subpar Finals because the matchups favor Wade more against the Mavericks.

His regular season stats and effenciency are better than D-Wade's across the board, I giggled at your Batman and Robin analogy. Ask Pat Riley who he would draft #1 in his active player fantasy draft. LeBron goes #1 in almost anybody's draft that is close to professional basketball. He is currently the best active player, that is most of the general public's opinions as well.

Wade has a title and has played better than James as of late. But, to say LeBron James is anybody's "Robin" is absurd.

The scoring titles that MJ had should reflect the talent pool at his position of his time (not saying that he is not the greastest ever) but that kind of shoots holes in your shrunken talent pool theory if you ask me. LeBron is competing against guards like Kobe, Durant, Melo, and even his boy Wade is competition for that Scoring title.

I don't count slam dunk titles because Nate Robinson has one. LOL ( That is not really a title to lean on for a resume or a debate about players) I have seen AND1 players that deserve the greatest dunker title more so than MJ and it is not like Jason Kapono is one of the greatest shooters ever for his 3 point title.

Now remove the scoring titles and the slam dunk titles, is it not POSSIBLE for James to catch up to MJ's accolades? I think it is, especially considering the 5-6 more seasons more than MJ that LeBron will rack up because of a combination of Jordan's retirement years and the fact that James entered the NBA at 18 years old.

Man, as I right this I am thinking this is more than just possible and more like probable.

Good thread.
+1
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I would honestly love basketball so much more if lebron james just quit playing.
All this talk about either how great he is or how much he is hated makes up about 75% of basketball talk.
I for one am a much bigger football fan than I am basketball but even at that I am still very into basketball.
That being said,as a HUGEE Dolphins fan,I am required by law to hate Tom Brady. This year lebron (and yes I refuse to capitalize his name) passed Brady up for my most hated player in sports history.
I am glad Dirk bent him over and spanked him like the little cry baby he is.
Big players show up for BIG moments. lebron only shows up for the regular season,after that he is only concerned with getting back to his commercials.