Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Hey Chris...
I was wondering if you had heard anything about this error card:

1999-200 Upper Deck Hardcourt Dirk Nowitzki #12

On the front it has Dirk Nowitzki and on the back it is #22 with Jalen Rose's picture and stats from 1998-99.

I was just wondering if you could shed some light on this card.

Thanx
Alex R.

Here is another question, why is it that the OPG does not list the 2002 Pristine Uncirculated versions and 2002 Bowman Chrome does. I have a 2002 Pristine David Wright Refractor numbered to 1999 and its uncirculated. Does that mean that all his common refractors were uncirculated and numbered to 1999? Just wondering...because the OPG does not differentiate between uncirculated like it does on the 2002 Bowman Chrome...Thanx

who at beckett do i email about a pull that i think will be magazine worthy? i sent one to readersrock@beckett.com the other day, and got no response yet. its a babe ruth 1 of 2 cut autograph, so im pretty sure it would be response worthy!

thanks!

was there no #BDPP17 produced for 2010 bowman draft picks and prospects?
Collect Will Clark, Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, Carl Crawford

(05-26-2011, 09:40 AM)aljerkface Wrote: who at beckett do i email about a pull that i think will be magazine worthy? i sent one to readersrock@beckett.com the other day, and got no response yet. its a babe ruth 1 of 2 cut autograph, so im pretty sure it would be response worthy!

thanks!
You may not get a response. But if you sent it, we should have it next time we work on that stuff for the mags.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Ask the editor
I recently bought and opened a box of 2007 SP Authentic and pulled out a redemption card for a 2007 SP Authentic Baseball By The Letter Rookie Signatures CD#150 Daisuke Matsuzaka card. I understand the redemption period is long over, but what happens to those cards that aren't redeemed? Did Upper Deck destroy the cards? Have been out of the hobby for awhile and know there have been many changes in the industry. Any information would be great.
Jeff

I recently purchased some topps 2011 series 1 and 2, i have a diamond anniversary # 198 johhny bench. In the listings for the regular base set there is a 198 B johnny bench but in the diamond anniversary there are no listing for the johnny bench # 198 B just Buster Posey. Is there a mess up with this Johnny bench card or are the listings not on there yet? I looked for the other sp B numbered cards from the base set in the diamond anniversary and they are not there either, please let me know.
Sincerely lifelong collector

Hi Chris,
not sure if i am doing this right but I have a potential trivia question for you regarding Travis Hafner autograph, 2004 Donruss Classics, Significant Signatures, numbered to 50. I believe that is the "Green" version. Anyways, I was browsing ebay and other sites to check for the potential value of this card. After awhile of looking at the various sites, i noticed that my card was different. The Travis Hafner's autograph is just "HAF" on the card. I haven't seen another one like it and i can't seem to find any information that might tell me how many cards have this version of his autograph on it.

I would be grateful if you could tell me any other details regarding this potential one of a kind. How many cards were actually signed by Travis Hafner with this version, "HAF"? Will this rarity increase the value of my card compared to others currently being sold/traded with his normal autograph/signature?

Thank you for your time!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-12-2011, 12:28 AM)renfrow831 Wrote: I recently purchased some topps 2011 series 1 and 2, i have a diamond anniversary # 198 johhny bench. In the listings for the regular base set there is a 198 B johnny bench but in the diamond anniversary there are no listing for the johnny bench # 198 B just Buster Posey. Is there a mess up with this Johnny bench card or are the listings not on there yet? I looked for the other sp B numbered cards from the base set in the diamond anniversary and they are not there either, please let me know.
Sincerely lifelong collector
The series one cards are listed. you can look them up by player name and 2011 topps. You can also search by topps, parallel, 2011. Are scroll through all the 2011 Topps listings! The series 2 ones are not listed yet as they just came out on the market.

(06-14-2011, 10:09 PM)jrob3000 Wrote: Hi Chris,
not sure if i am doing this right but I have a potential trivia question for you regarding Travis Hafner autograph, 2004 Donruss Classics, Significant Signatures, numbered to 50. I believe that is the "Green" version. Anyways, I was browsing ebay and other sites to check for the potential value of this card. After awhile of looking at the various sites, i noticed that my card was different. The Travis Hafner's autograph is just "HAF" on the card. I haven't seen another one like it and i can't seem to find any information that might tell me how many cards have this version of his autograph on it.

I would be grateful if you could tell me any other details regarding this potential one of a kind. How many cards were actually signed by Travis Hafner with this version, "HAF"? Will this rarity increase the value of my card compared to others currently being sold/traded with his normal autograph/signature?

Thank you for your time!!
A lot of players signed nicknames and/or added inscriptions to stickers in several donruss products. However, I don't believe that quantities were announced.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)