`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
how can i tell what cards are true classics and what cards are the newer remake "Archives" I have a few "Hank Aaron, Jackie Robison" that look authentic. (from my brother's collection who passed away)

(03-22-2011, 01:57 PM)jaysdream Wrote: how can i tell what cards are true classics and what cards are the newer remake "Archives" I have a few "Hank Aaron, Jackie Robison" that look authentic. (from my brother's collection who passed away)
Most newer reprints from Topps will have foil stamping or gloss to differentiate themselves. Or, they will be printed on modern stock.

If those don't hold true, they most often have an extra logo, a reprint notation and/or one key thing -- a copyright date.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I recently opened a pack of 2010 topps baseball cards and got a platinum Miguel Tejada #us-60. I noticed in the Beckett price guide that there is no pricing due to scarcity, what would be the value of the card?

(03-24-2011, 07:19 PM)Tigers22 Wrote: I recently opened a pack of 2010 topps baseball cards and got a platinum Miguel Tejada #us-60. I noticed in the Beckett price guide that there is no pricing due to scarcity, what would be the value of the card?
Beckett only typically publishes price guide ranges for cards where 25 or more copies are made. The ranges are based on actual sales.

Since your card is a 1/1, it's a name-your-price situation. You could expect to get as much as a comparable player would in that set or other comparable 1/1s for the player.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Any new vintage pack break videos in the near future?

How do you read the price guide? There is two sets of prices next to each card? Which one should you follow if you are purchasing lets say one card out of the set?

(03-30-2011, 09:30 AM)baseballgod3 Wrote: How do you read the price guide? There is two sets of prices next to each card? Which one should you follow if you are purchasing lets say one card out of the set?
There are high and low columns. You should expect to pay something in between -- closer to high side if it's hot, hopefully closer to low side if it's not.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Who puts together the pictures for Beckett Baseball magazine?

Will 2011 Heritage 3 card advertising panels be added to the online price guide? How about the 2011 double stamps cards?
CaptainA

(03-23-2011, 09:13 AM)chrisolds Wrote: Most newer reprints from Topps will have foil stamping or gloss to differentiate themselves. Or, they will be printed on modern stock.

If those don't hold true, they most often have an extra logo, a reprint notation and/or one key thing -- a copyright date.
Why, then, do some of the 2010 CYMTO original backs have "reprint" on the back and some don't? I've noticed the same trend in 2011 Topps and the 60 Years of Topps inserts.
[Image: vgh3p.png]