Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Testing. Testing.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

How's it going?
Beckett Football and Hockey Editor
Email: SusanL@beckett.com
Twitter: @YanxChick

I'll try to chime in on some things this weekend... my previous posts just showed up today.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

heres a question i havent found an answer for yet, on some 2010 bowman sterling autographs for Aroldis Chapman the area where it is #'d is a big silver square, i assume that it was an error(possibly #'d on accident) any clues to the mistery of my beloved auto? O:-)

-edit- heres a photo

[Image: chapman.jpg]
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

This is my question Chris. Where does the card industry go from here? The market has been flooded in so many ways in the 80's is was mass producing sets, the 90's it was the over load of inserts. And today everything is game-used and autographs. Why would anyone want to collect anymore?

It use to be a joy to pull autographs and jersey cards now everyone has one. And everyones favorite players have so many that they aren't worth anything. Why spend $150-$200 on a box for a $10 to $15 autograph. Why spend dollars if all you are going to get is cents?

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Chris,

Is there somewhere on Beckett where you list the odds that are typically listed on the back of packs? It would be great if you had a tab listing odds so that collectors can figure out odds of pulling a card (using some math probability).
Upperdeck Diamond Club member
Member of Beckett's board since 2003
[Image: 8cfcaeb5.jpg]

Odds should be in the set headers or with the set descriptions when available.

Unfortunately, I'm working on a couple magazines right now ... so I can't stay and answer questions. I will get to this thread sometime soon, though.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

I have been off of Beckett for almost a year with computer problems... Now i'm back and want to start over with my organize, but seems like I can't delete the ones that I have on there what can I do as I want to make sure that I have an accurate collection

Thanks

Gary
"Don't Take anything for granted because tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"

Kirby Puckett July 17th 1996 @ Retirement Press Conference

What happened to the listings for 1948 Leaf baseball?

Thanks,

Bob Stuart

Has Beckett ever considered doing a complete guide to supercollecting? What I mean by that is, a book with everything ever issued for a certain player. I'm a griffey collector and would love to have something like this.