Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to the local Target and they had a few blasters in the discount bin for $12.00. One was of this product. I would have been just as good having not purchased this one. The collation was horrible as I ended up with 3 and 4 of some players. There Nothing really much to talk about here but I figured I would post the inserts.

2011-12 NBA Hoops Preview
D-Wade
Blake Griffin

Blast from the Past
Kirk Hinrich

Realistically, this may have been the worst blaster that I have ever seen. I pulled the LeBron base which may have some appeal to someone else and I pulled the Steph Curry which is a PC card. Other than that it is a bunch of garbage. Also, no rookies at all.
I've busted two of these blasters as well and agree with your assessment of these being the worst blasters ever...i wouldn't pay $5 for another.
Make that 3rd for worst blaster ever!!!
Yeah the wife saw another one at a different target for 12 bucks and asked if she should grab it. I said no.
I got two blasters from Dacardworld a while back and did pretty good colation wise - you guys must have jut hit the bad ones in the batch. Also, being retail, don't expect au's or GU's.
Panini-product blasters, at least for basketball, are notoriously bad. No guaranteed hits, not even any decent hits thrown in. With those 09-10 UD blasters, you at least got a guaranteed GU hit. I hit David Robinson once, Magic Johnson once and LeBron twice!
The 09-10 upper deck blaster were great for me! I have been trying to complete the full 1-295 set with the rooks and immortals. With what I hit from the blasters and what I already had and a lot I bought on the bay I am 15 cards total from completing the second set. The first set is all complete. The upper deck blaster was simply awesome especially because I pulled the base and immortal Jordan in the same pack!
(10-15-2012 04:35 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]Panini-product blasters, at least for basketball, are notoriously bad. No guaranteed hits, not even any decent hits thrown in. With those 09-10 UD blasters, you at least got a guaranteed GU hit. I hit David Robinson once, Magic Johnson once and LeBron twice!

Gentlemen, the all-time greatest retail pull in the history of basketball cards happened to me today. I have to wait a couple of hours for the office to clear out so I can get some scans up ... but it's epic.

I'm still in shock. Sorry to hijack the thread. I'll create my own thread in a little while.
Reference URL's