Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this Conlon card today of Hall of Famer Rabbit Maranville. Anyone know what it is? I have his cards from the 1991, 1993 and 1994 sets and this is a different photo than any of those. Also I don't have his 1995 Conlon card but that would have a green border. This card is a blank back so no useful info there. Any help would be appreciated especially what year it was issued.

I've gotten those in those packs of random vintage cards at Target. Early 90s for sure, I'd say '92, but that's just a hunch, so don't quote me on it, but I think that's what it is.
Rabbit didn't have a card in the 1992 Conlon set. Still a mystery.

Interesting story regarding Rabbit Maranville. Around 2003 I got a nasty email through my website from his grandaughter. She was quite angry that I didn't have her grandfather listed as one of the 100 Greatest Players of All-Time on my site. She later emailed me back to apologize for being so angry.
Weird, because this card:
http://www.amazon.com/Conlon-Collection-...992+conlon
looks like the design of your card and is 1992. That's a funny story about Maranville, too.
Reference URL's