Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: short print cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was wondering if anyone cold explain what a short print is as far as cards?
(10-01-2012 08:11 AM)mikeB2012 Wrote: [ -> ]i was wondering if anyone cold explain what a short print is as far as cards?

Short Print means that there are only a handful of cards made in comparison to other cards. Most cards that are Short Print nowadays are Serial Numbered (i.e. #25/100, #1/25, #246/999, etc.) to show that they are Short Printed. Older cards may have been short printed due to flaws in the printing plate, recall, etc. Other cards that are short printed (most RCs, Young Guns, inserts, sub-sets) may not have a Serial Number stamped on them, or may not be indicated in the guide, but they still can be short printed in comparison to the other cards in the set. Hope that this clears some things up!

Randi
In Topps Heritage, the high numbers are short printed. From 426 to 500 the are SP's. Look up the difference in price. In the olden days, cards from the 60's were short printed at the end of the season usually in the last series. Another example would be to look up the high numbered short prints from the 60's of Topps cards. The value is much higher because there were not as many printed. On the other hand, cards with the DP are bad, since that means Double Printed.
(10-01-2012 10:09 AM)rayeates Wrote: [ -> ]Short Print means that there are only a handful of cards made in comparison to other cards. Most cards that are Short Print nowadays are Serial Numbered (i.e. #25/100, #1/25, #246/999, etc.) to show that they are Short Printed. Older cards may have been short printed due to flaws in the printing plate, recall, etc. Other cards that are short printed (most RCs, Young Guns, inserts, sub-sets) may not have a Serial Number stamped on them, or may not be indicated in the guide, but they still can be short printed in comparison to the other cards in the set. Hope that this clears some things up!

Randi

thank you. cause i'm hoping the pulojs 331 from 2012 topps series one i have is the true sp even though it doesn't have a serial number stamped on it
Reference URL's