Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking about cross-grading some PSA 10's to BGS. I prefer the BGS slab in general. I also prefer a BGS 9.5 to a PSA 10.

Here are some of my concerns:
#1 Possibility of getting a lower grade. Am i guaranteed at least a BGS 9.5 with a PSA 10?
#2 PSA doesn't grade autographs. I'd hate to get low auto grades

The positive is possibility of getting a re-graded BGS 10 Auto 10.
Is it worth the risk?

I've never cross graded any cards before. Need some advise. Thanks
BGS does not guarantee what grade you get, especially crossing over a PSA slab, if you send it (which I dont recommend) then break it out of the slab to prevent any sort of possible grading bias. Attach a high-rez scan of the card to the thread so we could better judge if it is worth it.
(04-18-2012 03:13 PM)jchavestx Wrote: [ -> ]BGS does not guarantee what grade you get, especially crossing over a PSA slab, if you send it (which I dont recommend) then break it out of the slab to prevent any sort of possible grading bias. Attach a high-rez scan of the card to the thread so we could better judge if it is worth it.

Thanks for the response. I am not going to break these cards out of their PSA cases. I could damage the cards. Thats extremely risky.

I could see the argument to not getting cards crossed over for any other grades. I can't imagine a PSA 8 coming back a BGS 9 or vice versa. But PSA 10's are kind of the wild card. Because there is that possibility of the card being a BGS 10. Thats my dilemma.
BGS 10 is almost impossible to attain. Out of exactly 100 cards I've submitted only one has come back a 10. I've submitted a few PSAs to crossover to BGS and I've been dissapointed every time. I don't recommend it unless you're certain you have a flawless card with a clean Auto.
You can send the card in in the PSA case. It's called graded card review. They will grade it cased. You tell them your minimum BGS grade and if it meets your standards, they crack it and re slab it with the new BGS grade. If not, it comes back to you in the PSA slab. Costs a little more. $7.50 for the graded card review, and another $3.00 if they have to crack it. I think it comes to $10.50 for 20 day service, but not positive. But you have to request "graded card review" with a minimum BGS grade.
I've crossed a fair amount of PSA 10's to BGS/BVG. I've had great success. There was this one time, though that I was disappointed. A couple of cards came back as 9. And 4 cards were returned to me as questionable edge authenticity. I plan on crossing some more PSA 10's if I can ever slow down buying cards that are already Beckett graded. I wouldn't bother crossing a PSA 8. You would be looking at a failing grade from Beckett.

If you do decide to cross, then check the centering thoroughly before submitting. Also, check any autos. Like someone said, post high resolution scans so we can help you.
Thanks a bunch for the responses guys! I did a little research last night and i'm going to test out a few PSA 10's to see if i can get a illusive BGS 10. I'm going to go the graded card review route and ask for a minimum Grade of BGS 9.5
(04-19-2012 11:19 AM)jagr68nyr Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a bunch for the responses guys! I did a little research last night and i'm going to test out a few PSA 10's to see if i can get a illusive BGS 10. I'm going to go the graded card review route and ask for a minimum Grade of BGS 9.5

smart!
Reference URL's