Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Supercollector thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How about a spot just for super collections both showing them off and trying to add too
(03-21-2012 10:18 PM)donbickle707 Wrote: [ -> ]How about a spot just for super collections both showing them off and trying to add too

Yup, yup, yup! I'd like that. Looking on super collections will inspire me. Great idea man!
how do you see this implemented into the site? Through the forums or part of organize where they have a showcase public for people to see?
(03-22-2012 11:31 AM)lfisher Wrote: [ -> ]how do you see this implemented into the site? Through the forums or part of organize where they have a showcase public for people to see?

BOTH if possible...
both, everyone has that 1 player they are collecting. Start a sticky in each sport labeled super collections. people will start showing off what they have... GUARANTEED!
The problem I see with this is when your showing off your collection your dealing with alot of cards. I would recomend people who wanna do this start a photobucket and just show you link. I am working on something like this right now with my Derek Jeter collection but its a time consuming job. Though I am only working on his 90's stuff if you haven't noticed his stuff is not cheap. I currently have 38 Auto's of him, 930 out of 1914 of his 1992 to 1999 beckett listed cards. I have not updated my sig as I don't have an org or price guide I can use. But all his cards from 1992 to 1996 are listed on my photobucket and I am only missing 6 for that entire collection but there is actually about 20 extra cards beckett dose not have listed of him like the 1993 Topps Blank Back, 1996 Tricard, the 1996 Zenex Phone card to name a few.
put your pics in a bucket and but also take an "overall" pic of your whole supercollection (or the best parts of it) and only show one or two pics per posting
Why not simply augment the Organizer for prolific/super users?

How about simply adding a SINGLE database field to the "Organize" area of the website-- which can be filled by adding a new button/tool, perhaps under the existing tools ("Add to Organize", "Image Gallery", "Upload Image" … etc …)-- which allows a user to "Upload My Image."

Then in the uploading process a simple preference to "make public or private" would indicate whether the owner would like to replace the "Becket Stock Image" in his/her Organizer-- and make the image available to everyone who browses the PUBLIC PORTION of a user's Organizer.

You could take this idea a step further by allowing images to be added to a "Collection" by adding an "Add My Image" tool to the "Manage Collection" area of the Organizer-- This would allow custom additions to anyone's "Organized Collection." Perhaps pix of non-standard items, or complete collections, or groups of stars, basically anything NOT already in the Organizer database.

Anyway, I agree being able to upload images of MY cards-- without necessarily making them available to the public would be nice.
We were thinking of something like this. Basically people can browse your organize and see your top 10 -20 or more cards. We have also thought about having different viewing options for the grid which would be great for this idea. Kind of like an itunes album cover view is.
The buttons at the top of each column should be just that... buttons to sort them by... Do I want to veiw this guys most expensive to least expensive (or vice versa), or do I want to look thru them from the highest grade first? there is no way to sort em... Also the check box to "Check All" in messages does not work... any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's