Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have recently found a Topps, 1976 Brooks Robinson Baseball card.

At a guess, I think it would get a 6 to a 7 in grading.
Im thinking about getting it signed, but this will cost me around $50, then there is the grading costs, shipping etc.

Is it worth the time & effort?

Thanks,
Tim
(03-06-2012 12:39 AM)TIMBOSS101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I have recently found a Topps, 1976 Brooks Robinson Baseball card.

At a guess, I think it would get a 6 to a 7 in grading.
Im thinking about getting it signed, but this will cost me around $50, then there is the grading costs, shipping etc.

Is it worth the time & effort?

Thanks,
Tim

Do you have scans of the card's front & back?
I dont think you can get a BGS grade and a JSA authentication for an autograph on one slabbed card.
(03-06-2012 09:09 AM)jchavestx Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think you can get a BGS grade and a JSA authentication for an autograph on one slabbed card.

Yes you can. I'll see if I can find some on eBay.
Here's one:
[Image: Peacock.jpg]
(03-06-2012 09:33 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Peacock.jpg]

Nice item!
Learn something new everyday, If it's going in your PC then I wouldnt be too overly concerned about what grade it gets back, with that said, go for it.

As far as the Brad Peacock card, I wonder why it got a 7.5 and an 8 auto? Centering is obviously off, but I wonder since the signature wasnt from the company it got a hit on the surface, and an 8 on the auto?
Sorry, im having an issue with my scanner.
Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Tim
(03-06-2012 09:33 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can. I'll see if I can find some on eBay.
Here's one:
[Image: Peacock.jpg]

Geez, that's the lowest auto grade I've ever seen... and the card grade, I guess they take off for the auto?
Reference URL's