Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: CRAZY Daytona 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That was a fantastically interesting race! There were some spectacular moments BUT some things made it more crazy than any race I've ever seen.
The Montoya crash into the Jet-dryer is the absolute craziest thing I have EVER seen!!!! My most spectacular racing memory before tonight was of Richard Petty barrel-rolling down the wall & track at Daytona back in the late-80's or early 90's. I can not remember what year that was but it was the most spectacular thing I had seen in a race until tonight. I still cannot believe what happened with JPM and the dryer!
I could easily tell on the last lap that Jr. couldn't pull off the win. He was pushing a teammate of the winning driver and with no help coming up from behind. What was Jr. thinking?
Absolutely the craziest race ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that Montoya incident was pure crazy. I haven't heard exactly what the problem was with the 99 car was, although I think somebody mentioned fuel pressure problems at one point. How he finished Top 10 is a testement to patience, and getting through the late wreckage.

I thought for sure that Biffle was being a good teammate, returning the favor for the 17 picking him up several times towards the end of the race. But listening to Biffle's interview, it sounds like he would have passed, but didn't have a run or opportunity to do so. I hope that's not the case with racing this year... The last 2 laps are always such a thrill, but if these cars can't pass, then that's a bummer.
(02-28-2012 12:12 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I could easily tell on the last lap that Jr. couldn't pull off the win. He was pushing a teammate of the winning driver and with no help coming up from behind. What was Jr. thinking?

He was thinking "Im gonna get as good of a finish as I can" and he made the pass for 2nd.
Thats as good as a win for Jr nation, lol
And yeah, JPM is an idiot. They can say something broke till the cows come home. That dude just lost it. And they say, oh man look at the sparks... If youve watched any of the racing this weekend you seen all the cars sparking way more the usual. Esp when they cross over from the apron (< spellcheck) to the track.
As my daughter would say...Flush the Montoilet Big Grin

(02-28-2012 07:54 AM)ryancholden Wrote: [ -> ]The last 2 laps are always such a thrill, but if these cars can't pass, then that's a bummer.

Unless your guy is the one out front right, lol
This was one of the crazier races by far. JPM just became my favorite dumb dumb in Nascar. But the best part of this race is below......

[Image: Jimmiewrecked.jpg]
(02-28-2012 08:44 AM)the great 48 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your guy is the one out front right, lol

Ha! Ya know, I don't think so... I'd rather see Carl finish second in a side-by-side finish coming off the last turn than a single-file finish with Carl in first. Bring on the excitement!
I think Jr. was being courteous and was going to give Biffle the chance to pass Kenseth first....when he realized he wasn't really going to try to make a pass he went for it but was too late at that point.
(02-28-2012 09:36 AM)bott2711 Wrote: [ -> ]This was one of the crazier races by far. JPM just became my favorite dumb dumb in Nascar. But the best part of this race is below......

[Image: Jimmiewrecked.jpg]

You aint gonna make me break out the AP jokes again are you??? Big Grin
Yea my man Newman was -2 laps and with 10 to go he was in the the top 10 and gets taken out! It was a great race, can't wait for this Sunday!
I heard tha Jimmies cards are crashing Montoyas are on fire and Hamilins is on the rise lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's