Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am so tired of NASCAR changing the rules all the time. I haven't seen so much damage in a Shootout in many years. People keep saying the fans wanted this/didn't like the tandem racing, etc. They took away not only the tandem racing but also the communication b/t cars.
This is ridiculous! I LOVED the tandem racing b/c you never knew what duo would force their way to the front. I also loved that one miscommunication wouldn't end the race for 6 to 10 cars at once. That has happened twice now TONIGHT.
It is still an exciting race but I really hate seeing several drivers' night ended b/c someone else screwed up. I really hate that drivers can't communicate with anyone during the race. They should at least be able to talk to their own teammates!
That was a wild crash!!!!!!
To re-iterate what I just posted!!!!!... almost all of REMAINING cars have now been damaged. NASCAR is just costing all the teams more money! This is NOT the kind of racing I want to see!!!
(02-18-2012 09:18 PM)punkinhed1226 Wrote: [ -> ]That was a wild crash!!!!!!

Yes, it was. AGAIN! It looked just like the 1st wreck AND the second one. I'm not counting the Bowyer spin-out b/c it wasn't a wreck, BUT it wouldn't have happened either if he could talk to his teammate. I can already foresee NASCAR changing the rules again before Talladega!
That was a crazy finish tooo!!!!!!
Now some of you can see why I collect Kyle! What a bad-***** way to win that Shootout!!! He was involved in 3 wrecks in a back-up car and still pulled it out.
BUT, there were only 11 of the 25 cars still running at the end! Most of the top cars were taken out in the last 2 wrecks.
Maybe we should have a contest about how many drivers will finish the 500 on the lead lap. Wink
i liked it better than that talladega/daytona two step they were doing. They just can talk to each other directly but the spotters/crewchiefs etc can still relay information.

they will figure it out and wreck less.
I would have rather seen Smoke win than The Wild Thing, even though im not a fan of either of them.
Yea just think of the crash Danica is gonna cause next week. I don't like or dislike Kyle but that was some SICK driving for sure!
(02-18-2012 09:36 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: [ -> ]i liked it better than that talladega/daytona two step they were doing. They just can talk to each other directly but the spotters/crewchiefs etc can still relay information.

they will figure it out and wreck less.

I hope they do figure it out and all, but I see Daytona being really bad for many top teams. As for the communication, if Bowyer had been able to talk to Truex directly, the 1st wreck wouldn't have happened.
There were just too many wrecks in this Shootout. Gordon shouldn't have ended his race upside-down and several drivers shouldn't have been done racing b/c something happened so many cars ahead of them. From what the announcers said, only 3 cars finished the race without being involved in any wreck. Tony was one of them and he still lost the race.
I don't know how many drivers can expect to FINISH the 500 when you almost double the amount of cars on track. If this new setup of rules and packages doesn't change, I can not bring myself to be happy for whoever actually wins the Championship. If they leave it this way, they need to remove Talladega from the Chase! The short tracks already throw a curveball at the championship, but they don't need a crapshoot to go along with it.
(02-18-2012 10:08 PM)minitracer Wrote: [ -> ]Yea just think of the crash Danica is gonna cause next week. I don't like or dislike Kyle but that was some SICK driving for sure!

Yes, it was some awesome driving by Kyle.
I was glad to see Danica watching the racing from above. It should help her out in the 500. I do hope she gets a respectable finish, as long as she does finish. Seeing the Shootout, she should be happy to JUST finish the race. Wink
One of the main reasons Nascar made changes is because of its biggest whinner about it...JR.. He couldn't do anything in the 2 car tango and was the biggest complainer among the drivers. Of course they gotta listed the the (overrated) golden boy. They had to give him a better chace to win races again and that was going back to pack racing
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's