Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(08-22-2012 01:28 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations, looks like we're both going down the stretch on our 64 and 66 sets. Hope you land a great Clemente, Mantle, and Mays. I just picked up a 64 VZ Yaz myself. I'm a huge Yaz fan and thought I would never find one in decent shape, even though the focus is off. Hope to share it in a photobucket soon.

Do you ever use Mercado Libre? It's been a while since I looked but noticed some Topps Venezuelans posted there in the past.

Yeah Im familiar with mercadolibre but I havent checked to see if any are there in quite a while, Ill go look right now!!! I cant see the Yaz, says the page isnt available for some reason

°° just checked mercadolibre, no 64s on there right now. Ill keep looking
Well, like you I am also a huge fan of 64 VZ Yaz. And I completely agree with you that there is no decent shape I have been found here and even on photobucket. I was hooping that someone will post there on photobucket which I can choose from.
(09-05-2012 10:13 AM)DanielTaylor Wrote: [ -> ]Well, like you I am also a huge fan of 64 VZ Yaz. And I completely agree with you that there is no decent shape I have been found here and even on photobucket. I was hooping that someone will post there on photobucket which I can choose from.

Im looking for that Yaz, hopefully I can find a decent copy of it.
Just hit 90% completion on my '66 Venezuelan set, only 33 cards of 370 to go. This stretch might be a little tougher and expensive, needing Mantle, Palmer RC, and Clemente/Aaron/Mays Leaders. I just barely missed out on an opportunity to get that leader card.
(01-16-2013 04:26 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: [ -> ]Just hit 90% completion on my '66 Venezuelan set, only 33 cards of 370 to go. This stretch might be a little tougher and expensive, needing Mantle, Palmer RC, and Clemente/Aaron/Mays Leaders. I just barely missed out on an opportunity to get that leader card.

thats great to hear!! Hope you can find the remaining 10% at a fair price and in decent conditions!! Good luck!

PS: im stuck at 68% of completion, I havent bought any in a while. Ill try to add some next month and Ill show them here.
Kudo's to you guys for even coming close to finishing any of those sets. I have only 1 Venezuelan in my collection...

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_zps0dd03cef.jpg]

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_back...8ea7da.jpg]

It may be years before I add another one..
Scott
(02-21-2013 07:27 PM)scottzoe Wrote: [ -> ]Kudo's to you guys for even coming close to finishing any of those sets. I have only 1 Venezuelan in my collection...

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_zps0dd03cef.jpg]

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_back...8ea7da.jpg]

It may be years before I add another one..
Scott

Thats one great looking card!!! Its so hard to find them in decent shape!!! I only have three from that set and they dont look nearly as good as yours!!!
[Image: WillieMays1.jpg]
[Image: WillieMays2.jpg]
[Image: SandyKoufax67.jpg]
[Image: CarlHubbell.jpg]
I love those retired cards from the 67 set...maybe some day I'll be able to add the Ted Williams to my collection. I guess I spoke too soon about it being years before I pick up another Venezuelan...I have a 1964 tony C coming in. I'll post scans when it arrives.
Scott
(02-25-2013 04:15 PM)scottzoe Wrote: [ -> ]I love those retired cards from the 67 set...maybe some day I'll be able to add the Ted Williams to my collection. I guess I spoke too soon about it being years before I pick up another Venezuelan...I have a 1964 tony C coming in. I'll post scans when it arrives.
Scott

Awesome!!! be sure to post it when it arrives!!! I also think its time to thank coimbre for having started this thread about the venezuelans so we can just see them all in one place!!!
Here it 1964 Topps Venezuealan #287 Tony Conigliaro.

It's not the best, but it's also far from the worst I've seen...

[Image: 1967_topps_venezuelan_287_conigliaro_zpsb8e6732b.jpg]

[Image: 1967_topps_venezuelan_287_conigliaro_bac...4329d8.jpg]

Scott
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's