Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a big Baseball card collector and when my LCS had a sale I picked up a box of 2005 Topps Revenge of the Sith cards for my son. Well he busted his box today and pulled a 1/1 Anakin Skywalker Artist Sketch card (artist signed KD) of Anakin wearing the dark son says this is when he turned bad. Any idea of value?

Sorry for the cruddy pick!

[Image: Anakin.jpg]
Yes that is when he turned to the dark side and was no longer Anakin Skywalker he was Lord Vader and being a HUGE Star Wars fan it is rather awesome.As far as value I don't have a clue.
not bad for a $20 bill. Plus we had a ton o fun opening them together. Card Collecting bringing together a jock of a dad and a Star Wars junky 9 year old!
That's pretty cool....I actually would mind having that one Tongue Nice pull by the little guy!
I found 1 Anakin Skywalker sketch card in completed auctions on the bay and it went for $371.99.... Pretty cool pull...Now if I could pull a ball card like that!
It all really seems to depend on who did the sketch. Frankly, IDK jack about these...I've tried to understand them, but I just cant lol the color ones tend to go for higher than the black and whites, but in terms of a value I can't even begin to discuss that. Good luck on whatever you both deside to do with it!
Not too shabby a pull. That's a Kieron Dwyer sketch. He was a Level B artist, and his did around 200 total (his level was 1:357 packs).

As for rough value, it's tough to say. Full-color, highly detailed sketches almost always go for a lot more then plain B&W pencil or pen sketches.

However, it is of a popular character, his cards are more rare than some other artists, and the set is now 7 years old, so boxes aren't as plentiful as they were a while back.

It's your call if you want to sell it. I'd start it low and hope some people get into a bidding war.
If you are open to trading it let me know
Reference URL's