Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A few thoughts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now thet the new Marketplace has been launched it is time to make some refinements to the rrest of the site.

First
When you trade and the trade is moved into your 'Recently Traded' folder the cards that you 'trade away' are given a tag and the trade amount deducted from the inventory. It is entirely diferent when you look at the 'Trade For' side. These cads are added as a new listing duplicating the original listing. You then have to go back and search for each one individually and add a tag and send the original version of the card to the trash, and then empty the trash. If you dont the card will remain in your Org. and continue to attract trade offers.

Traders Page
When you open the traders page you have the following information:
About Me, My Stats, Trade Detail, Trade Preferences, Items to Trade, and Items for Sale.
Items to 'Trade' needs to become ' Trade For' and they need to add another box for 'Trade Away', and for the non-traders boxes for have and want.

Moving on to 'My Organize"
Currently Viewing - Layout - Trade lists: has Condition, Trade Away, Want, and Beckett High.
The 'Want' column has no use, it is not connected to anything and needs to be changed to 'Trade For'.
They could then add a layout for non-traders listing 'Haves' and 'Wants'

And now a few comments about 'Trade With Me'
When searching for cards to trade you have to look for the little gold stars that indicate a match. The problem is you may have to look through several hundred pages to cover them all. Either the gold star listings need to migrate to the top of the listing or there needs to be a filter under attributes so you can select only cards that have a match and a gold star.

And Finally (for now)
When you oper your Organize page you are greeted by a header that gives the count for many different catagories.
They need to add 'Trade For' to this list.

These are just a few of the many enhancements that would make life a whole lot easier.

Ray

(12-18-2011 08:40 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: [ -> ]Now thet the new Marketplace has been launched it is time to make some refinements to the rrest of the site.

First
When you trade and the trade is moved into your 'Recently Traded' folder the cards that you 'trade away' are given a tag and the trade amount deducted from the inventory. It is entirely diferent when you look at the 'Trade For' side. These cads are added as a new listing duplicating the original listing. You then have to go back and search for each one individually and add a tag and send the original version of the card to the trash, and then empty the trash. If you dont the card will remain in your Org. and continue to attract trade offers.

Traders Page
When you open the traders page you have the following information:
About Me, My Stats, Trade Detail, Trade Preferences, Items to Trade, and Items for Sale.
Items to 'Trade' needs to become ' Trade For' and they need to add another box for 'Trade Away', and for the non-traders boxes for have and want.

Moving on to 'My Organize"
Currently Viewing - Layout - Trade lists: has Condition, Trade Away, Want, and Beckett High.
The 'Want' column has no use, it is not connected to anything and needs to be changed to 'Trade For'.
They could then add a layout for non-traders listing 'Haves' and 'Wants'

When searching for cards to trade you have to look for the little gold stars that indicate a match. The problem is you may have to look through several hundred pages to cover them all. Either the gold star listings need to migrate to the top of the listing or there needs to be a filter under attributes so you can select only cards that have a match and a gold star.

And Finally (for now)
When you oper your Organize page you are greeted by a header that gives the count for many different catagories.
They need to add 'Trade For' to this list.

These are just a few of the many enhancements that would make life a whole lot easier.

Ray

Today I have been loading some new sets into my Org and the errors that I encounter are getting to be too much to bear. If you add or delete a file you have to reload the page because it comes back with an error which is an error in itself (and you all know how long it takes to reload). Common guys, fix the darn thing...
These posts seem to be going nowhere, does anybody who counts ever see them???

Ray
good ideas.
(12-18-2011 08:40 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: [ -> ]First

These are my two biggest issues with the new design of the site. Overall the site works faster and probably more efficiently than the old one, but these two issues have really kept me from doing as much trading as I'd like because they take too much time to deal with. The additional record in the 'Recently Traded' folder for every card that comes in from a trade is my biggest peeve. If the card is already in my Organize and that record matches the condition listed for the incoming card, the two cards should be merged into one record, like it used to be on the old site. And I liked the old way of showing each trade individually instead of grouping all trades into the same folder - it's much easier to sort through when multiple trades are coming in at the same time.

The other trade issue has been beaten to death here, but it is extremely cumbersome to navigate right now. On top of listing wants at the top of the list (or having it be sortable), it would also be nice to have some kind of indication that a card is already listed in the trade. When I'm involved in a trade with 20 or so cards on each side, there's no way of me knowing which cards are already included in the trade if I want to alter the offer at all. I end up trying to add a bunch of cards that are already part of the trade.

EDIT: I see that my last suggestion is included in another thread.
One thing that I think would make things very user friendly is if you could search/list/print by tags. The best example of the usefulness of this feature would be that you could print want lists.

For example, I stopped by my local card shop today to work on my 1980 set. The store owner got online and started to print my list, but had to print the entire 1980 set. It would have been quicker for him to print, and easier for me to search his cards, if he could have simply printed off my want list from the 1980 set, and I could have looked for only those cards. Instead, he cancelled the print and had to scroll through the list, and I wrote down all of the cards I needed.
Cool thanks
I agree with Ray's comments and suggestions. If I could only have one of his recommendations "fixed" it would be with regard to the gold stars. A quick way to discover which of your cards are wanted by the other trader AND a quick way to determine which cards of his that you need, would really boost trading activity. To take this a step further, if a designation could be added for those members who actually have traded within the past 90 days, that would also help.
These suggestions have been on my mind for a couple of years now.

Any thoughts that they might ever be implemented is purely whimsical.
How about sub-folders? I like to make folders for years, but then I would like to make sub folders for the different brands, inserts, parallels etc. etc. Thanks!
Reference URL's