Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if I were to get a card autographed and have it authenticated if it will increase or decrease the value depending on the card? I'm taking some cards down to have Matt Hughes sign and just wanted to know what it would do to the value if it were a short printed card or memorbilia/relic card? Say I get a Topps UFC Knockout Ground and Pound tape/mat relic card autographed and sent in to be authenticated. They had a print run of /10 and I have 1/10 and 10/10. Also possibly a jumbo mat relic card autographed on the mat, Commemorative flag patch and Title Shot replica belt plate card. Any help and response would greatly be appreciated!

Jeff
Usually, an autograph on a relic card will hurt its value as collectors are looking to add the card to their set or collection..

Autographs on base cards and more common inserts will usually be better off in the end..
I've thought about this many times, and I think most members will agree with me, that IF the autograph means something to you, then get it. Don't get it thinking of it as an investment. On a lot of lower #ed cards (especially those tape cards) it won't neccessarily help the value.

Sometimes, I think it looks a little too crowded when a signatures added to a card.

So, in summary, if it's going to be part of your collection and you want it, get it. If you're getting it to resell, get it on a regular trading card, a photo, etc and get that authenticated

On a side note, I totally hate you for having TWO of the ground and pounds...if you wanna send me one for Christmas my address is...lol jk bro!

Let us know how the signing goes! Merry Christmas!
(12-14-2011 04:23 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]I've thought about this many times, and I think most members will agree with me, that IF the autograph means something to you, then get it. Don't get it thinking of it as an investment. On a lot of lower #ed cards (especially those tape cards) it won't neccessarily help the value.

Sometimes, I think it looks a little too crowded when a signatures added to a card.

So, in summary, if it's going to be part of your collection and you want it, get it. If you're getting it to resell, get it on a regular trading card, a photo, etc and get that authenticated

On a side note, I totally hate you for having TWO of the ground and pounds...if you wanna send me one for Christmas my address is...lol jk bro!

Let us know how the signing goes! Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the responses! That's what I was thinking but wasn't too sure. Most are going into my collection and gifts for some family and friends so I'm not too concerned with the resell value but didn't want to mess the value of one of the more rare cards like those ground and pounds. Yeah, I got lucky to grab those off Ebay as soon as they came out. I actually had 3 of them and sold one! lol. I also posted quite awhile back about possibly getting one auto'd and then The Moment of Truth set comes out and has them in there minus the piece of mat as well but I think they stole my idea hahaha. I did just manage to pick up one of the auto'd tape relics #'d 1/5! I paid $280 for it which was about 80 more than I wanted but I had to have that card and the other 2 I seen listed, one was $749 and the other $700 OBO. It's going to be great to add to my collection though. I'm still looking for another knockout red ink to pick up though being that was his 1st red ink.

I have quite a few things I'm taking for him to sign. I'm just going to drop it off and he'll get everything before Christmas and let me know when to come pick them up. I'll just have to put stickys on everything so he knows what n where to sign the stuff. I'll let ya'll know what I end up getting signed and put some pics up when I get it back.

Thanks again!
Jeff
I'm just waiting on Matt to get back into town to sign the items I took down and dropped off for him. I will get some pics posted as soon as I get them. One is actually a corner man shirt from UFC 63 when he fought BJ the 2nd time. They were never sold anywhere I just happened to be given one. If you watch the fight you will see Marc Fiore wearing it.

This is the shirt(not signed yet) and the auto'd tail of the tape card I just got in the mail. I'm pretty sure I am going to go ahead and send the card in to be graded since it is basically flawless and the auto is smudge free and centered nicely. I'm also posting some of the more rare cards of his I have. If anyone has any rare Hughes cards they would like to sell or trade for please get in touch with me and we'll see what we can work out.
[Image: DSCF1515.jpg]

[Image: Nokomis-20111220-00020.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20111220-00002-Copy.jpg]
[Image: Nokomis-20111220-00011.jpg]
I finally got the pics up of the stuff I had Matt sign for some gifts and stuff for myself. I didn't think I was going to be able to get them before Christmas because he was out of the area and I didn't know he wasn't going to be back until Thursday or Friday. He did manage to get a hold of me Christmas Eve afternoon before some kind of function he had to be at. So that was pretty cool of him to do. He said he would take care of it and he did. I'm most likely going to send a couple in for authentication and be encapsulated. Anyway, here they are:
[Image: Nokomis-20111225-00069.jpg]
[Image: Nokomis-20111225-00057.jpg]
[Image: Nokomis-20111226-00087.jpg]
[Image: Nokomis-20111226-00089.jpg]
Reference URL's