Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Marketplace issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'am a Philadelphia Phillies collector,I want to use the Marketplace to purchase Phillies cards,I tried typing Philadelphia Phillies 1996 in hopes of getting a list of all Phillies cards available from dealers for that year,This is how I always did it before the upgrade and never had problem,now when I put in philadelphia phillies 1996 I only get a list of 23 cards available?,It used to show all Phillies cards from 1996 Bowman to 1996 Upper Deck thats thousands of cards,What Happend?,What am I doing wrong,Please Help...
(12-08-2011 09:05 AM)reidk Wrote: [ -> ]I'am a Philadelphia Phillies collector,I want to use the Marketplace to purchase Phillies cards,I tried typing Philadelphia Phillies 1996 in hopes of getting a list of all Phillies cards available from dealers for that year,This is how I always did it before the upgrade and never had problem,now when I put in philadelphia phillies 1996 I only get a list of 23 cards available?,It used to show all Phillies cards from 1996 Bowman to 1996 Upper Deck thats thousands of cards,What Happend?,What am I doing wrong,Please Help...

still can't search by year,type in Philadelphia Phillies 1996 and only get less than 100 items
(12-10-2011 12:32 PM)reidk Wrote: [ -> ]still can't search by year,type in Philadelphia Phillies 1996 and only get less than 100 items

I checked out the marketplace and found:

1996 Philadelphia Phillies - 23 items
Philadelphia Phillies - 1,205 items
Phillies - 6,715 items

It is all in what you use as a search criteria. Also note there isn't a filter for the Philadelphia Phillies yet.

Ray
New search fuction really is fouled up. I need to go through each players name just to get a card to show up in the search. Three times in three hours my cart empties itself and there is no backup availablr to retrieve my cart contents. I wonder if all the dealers know they are losing money when this happens since I am getting tired of wasting time doing searches for needed cards only to have the cart empty.
Well over a week later and the search issue still has'nt been resolved,great job Beckett
Look, I just did the same search and it WORKS. It has to be on your end, try REFRESHING and clearing cookies, history and cache
[Image: market.png]
Tried everything,it still won't work,before they tampered with everything you would get over a thousand items listed in each year, I even tried going directly to a dealer store like Burbank Sportscards and typing in Philadelphia Phillies 1996 and get very little,

I was on here since 1998 and liked it just fine the way it was,I'll just do my buisness on Ebay....
You mean like this? Its too easy. search 1996 then use the FILTERS on the left. Click baseball then pick your team (or use any of the filters)
[Image: marketplace3.png]

[Image: marketplace2.png]
if you cant see any of this, then the problem is on your end and you havent cleared cookies,history and cache.
Part of the problem is that the filters on the left only show the top entries in each category. There is a button below each category that says "Select Multiple". This button should really be labeled "More" or "View All". If you click it you see all the possible choices for that particular filter, AND have the option of selecting multiple. Since the presense of a checkbox by each should make it obvious that you can pick more than one, I've requested that the buttons be relabled either "More" , or "More / Multiple". I think "More" would work just fine and reduce a lot of confusion. Even I had to ask the head programmer how to find additional entries the first time I used the site. It never occurred to me that "Select Multiple" would offer additional choices.
Reference URL's