Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just encountered 2 new issues after the redesign of the site:
#1) Last Login - No longer visibile from a user's profile page. The blue bar with the user's name does not extend all the way to the right. The information is still there - it is just white text on a white background. In order to see it, you must hgihlight the blank spot with your mouse to view (then it shows up as blue text on a white background.

#2) Cannot Leave Feedback - When trying to leave feedback for a trade, I have selected each of the four categories with stars, and entered text for feedback. After clicking the leave fededback button, I get messages saying that the four star categories are required. No matter what I select for these, it still sees them as missing.

All problems encountered using IE8, with compatibility view off.

Please formally report and resolve these issues.
Have you logged out, cleared history and cookies then log back in with a new window?

Last login is working for me-I just checked on all the bad trade members to see if they logged in. Must be on your end. Most likely IE8 or the settings. Have you cleared your cookies and tried again?
I use IE9 and it is free or better yet try google chrome if nothing else just to see if its your IE8 or not then we can go from there.

Can someone else let me know if they are having issues with leaving feedback? Or anyone who's feedback is working? I would think its the same as above. I have feedback to leave but am out of town and unable to check my mail.
I just tried to use The leave feedback page. It tells that all the star fields Are required. I had them all checked with as many stars as I could give.
okay, may not be his computer. I reported the no message sending in trade and the feedback issue.

The last login is working for me though
(12-03-2011 12:41 PM)floydtown Wrote: [ -> ]okay, may not be his computer. I reported the no message sending in trade and the feedback issue.

The last login is working for me though

I have have the same formatting problem with the last login on the user profile page. This isn't new for me, though. It was messed up on the last version (dark blue not extending behind the text), but you could see it better because the older background was a little darker than it is now. This happens in IE9 but not Firefox or Chrome.

There are other formatting issues as well. The corners on many elements are not rounded in IE9 but are in Firefox/Chrome. Also, the watermark text in the search box ("Cards, Players, Teams, Boxes, Brands, Manufacturers, Sets...") is not in italics and does not disappear when you click in the box. You have to manually delete it before typing your search terms. It seems that they are using some jquery/CSS that is not compatible with IE9.
(12-03-2011 12:30 PM)floydtown Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone else let me know if they are having issues with leaving feedback? Or anyone who's feedback is working? I would think its the same as above. I have feedback to leave but am out of town and unable to check my mail.

I also am unable to leave feedback. I have cleared my cookies and am getting the same response as the original poster.
(12-04-2011 05:10 AM)thebwd Wrote: [ -> ]I have have the same formatting problem with the last login on the user profile page. This isn't new for me, though. It was messed up on the last version (dark blue not extending behind the text), but you could see it better because the older background was a little darker than it is now. This happens in IE9 but not Firefox or Chrome.

There are other formatting issues as well. The corners on many elements are not rounded in IE9 but are in Firefox/Chrome. Also, the watermark text in the search box ("Cards, Players, Teams, Boxes, Brands, Manufacturers, Sets...") is not in italics and does not disappear when you click in the box. You have to manually delete it before typing your search terms. It seems that they are using some jquery/CSS that is not compatible with IE9.
I use IE9 and dont have those issues- strange
Are you OUT of compatability view
Another new issue after the update. I tried to open my notification options to allow others to see my email address, and the only options available are for the Beckett Marketplace, or notifications from Beckett. These issues have really put a cramp in trading. Hopefully they get fixed soon.
OK, this is the second redesign I've gone through and once again my collection is missing....... Lost 28,000 cards.. Where are they ?? Is this the service we pay for?
After logining in, can not get to my organize and no cards show up, just a blank screen on everything.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's